• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this new?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw this in a player's hands.

I could not find any information on it at UOguide and I don't seem to remember seeing it on any patch information.

1: Can anyone tell me what a "Lava Infused Crossbow" is, and where it comes from? In other words, is it an artie, is it a craftable, is it some kind of vet reward?

2: What does "Searing Weapon" mean? I couldn't find any information on that either.

Thanks in advance. :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yes it's new. You fish them out of lava.
When you open it's context menu it glows really cool-like.

I don't think anyone's discovered it's potential yet.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to Logrus at this post: http://vboards.stratics.com/1992938-post3.html

When a searing weapon is ignited it becomes extremely hot, inflicting damage on the wielder with each swing. There is a chance that when the weapon hits,the heat may immediately cauterize the wound and inflict the following effects.

Reducing direct healing for a short time.

Trapping heat inside the wound so that it continues to burn and damage.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah, thank you krinkle.

Now, I just have to figure out where this weapon comes from. Actually I also have to figure out if "searing weapon" comes on any other weapon.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not sure if you have me on ignore... but yeah they come in other weapons too.
I told you above ^^ where they come from.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if you have me on ignore... but yeah they come in other weapons too.
I told you above ^^ where they come from.

My bad Flutter :blushing: I was drinking a tad when I read your reply. My inebriated eyes glossed over the part where you typed "you fish them out of lava" my bad :blushing:

Thank you for the reply though. Do you by chance know if that trait only lands on bows? Or is it like any other weapon property?

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all of the weapons you fish out of the lava come with the searing property..

so far i have seen many different weapons come out, it seems that human weapons are a bit more rare than garg ones tho.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems that if it was "lava infused",that it would have 100% fire element damage.