• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goza Skyscrappers?

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, I've been back to the game for a month now n finally got around to picking up my deco tool, but I want to check if we can still make skyscrappers with gozas? ... I remembered I could make 3 or 4 more floors from gozas on ur caslte the last time but after coming back and acquiring a new castle, I realized I couldn't go more than 1 level of goza floor above the castle. Has the 'sky' fallen short now? Can anyone still make more than one level of floor above ur castle anymore?

Regards.
Choc.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is likely that your new castle's location is just higher up then your old. there is a ceiling on the world but it is the same everywhere however if your at a higher altitude where the base of the castle is concerned it would put a stop to crazy goza floors. It is possible they have done something else to prevent this but unlikely...

T

Tazar

The rules have changed a bit... you can still do it - but if the additional floors block the house behind so that they have trouble reaching their house sign, doors or vendors, then a GM can remove it all and act against your account. This is usually only a problem when you use items like rubble walls that always display even when they have not stepped into your house.

Other than that, yes... Vlad is correct. Your new castle is probably on a higher piece of land (Z-Axis) than the old one limiting your work space. I believe that highest land is on Fire Island and sometimes there, you can not even build a 3 story house. You might try the Enhanced Client as it seems to allow for a higher Z-Axis.

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for ur replies guys, but I'm not sure if my castle is located on high grounds, it's near the Shrine of Compassion area near the Stonegate north of the swamp and my previous castle I did the skyscrapper on was north of Minoc. And yes, I'm well aware of the inconveniences the skyscrappers might cause for others which I donot intend to make but fortunately my castle is along the shore lines, so behind me is just the ocean :D

I just intend to make my castle into some display case for myself, meaning I like locking my collections of arties n what not on the ground for me to see easily. So I was hoping for more floor space to display my things on.

But I'm curious, if we can still do the skyscrappers on castles on low grounds, what is the max layer of floors can we make?

T

Tazar

I have one house with 6 floors, then no 7th or 8th floor, but more items on what would be the 9th floor which was used to create the illusion of a drawbridge connecting to the house behind it. The Classic Client does not like it much and leaves you with a black space around you when you are up that high, but the Enhanced Client does OK.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rules have changed a bit... you can still do it - but if the additional floors block the house behind so that they have trouble reaching their house sign, doors or vendors, then a GM can remove it all and act against your account. This is usually only a problem when you use items like rubble walls that always display even when they have not stepped into your house.

Other than that, yes... Vlad is correct. Your new castle is probably on a higher piece of land (Z-Axis) than the old one limiting your work space. I believe that highest land is on Fire Island and sometimes there, you can not even build a 3 story house. You might try the Enhanced Client as it seems to allow for a higher Z-Axis.
rubble walls don't always display. My castle is 5 floors and you can see maybe 9 or 10 rubble walls if you don't walk in.