• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I make "this" illusion in my house?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to visually give the appearance that I have two connected houses. Well, sorta. I have an 18 x 18 places side by side in Malas (actually in one of the hidden desert spots) there is sand on the ground, not grass. The houses are one tile apart. I'm trying to give the appearance that there is a small plank or a simple looking bridge (actually if there were a way to make a rickety looking rope bridge, that would be cool) that connects the houses. To give the appearance that you could simply walk over to the other side.

I've tried, and tried, and tried... and I simply lack the skill or mind power to make this illusion. I asked about it my home-shards forums page here and they referred me to this forum.

So, can anyone help me with this? Both houses are olde' castle theme, don't know if that helps. The dark colored stone walls. Should I post some pics of my houses?

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you look very carefull you will see that one side is lower then the other..
Theres a few places i have seen done like this..

One house will have the same look but a floor lower or higher depending on what you want..

The test centre is a blast to try this stuff out...its just to bad they dont have the new deco pack still on ...

T

Tazar

I have a group of 9 houses merged by illusions on Atlantic in Malas. Drop me a PM if you would like a tour that might give you some ideas.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is one I did a few years back. It fell while I was away from game. I'm going to remake it as soon as I find 2 plots in Skara.

To make a proper blend of two houses you have go up one level on the eastern house. e.g. second floor should start with a floor of grass. From there its a matter of finding the right things to tie the two plots together.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
beautiful, Razz.... wish it was still standing, I'd come tromp thru it :) when ya get a rebuild done, be sure to post it!

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if the east house had a wood sign post the foundations would flow together

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
beautiful, Razz.... wish it was still standing, I'd come tromp thru it :) when ya get a rebuild done, be sure to post it!
thanks man. As soon as I find a nice spot in Skara or a nice shoreline property It'll be back up. Hopefully soon.

if the east house had a wood sign post the foundations would flow together
How is this done? =)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll have to make a Siege character to see it, lady! (Holler if you decide to do just that and I'll give you a hand.)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have strolled thru the towns and forests there :) and visited some very fine homes!

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stone signpost looks like a stone wall top. wood one would match the color of the wood foundation. it is in the sign options not in the custom if I remember correctly.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stone signpost looks like a stone wall top. wood one would match the color of the wood foundation. it is in the sign options not in the custom if I remember correctly.
aaaah! I see what ya mean. good idea. found a 2 plot. going to start it as soon as I finish a guildies house. =)