• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Question about server population

O

OMEN123

Hello everyone. Yesterday I decided to give UO another shot, but after making a character on Europa and playing for a couple of hours it seems like the server is virtually deserted (and I thought it was the most populated EU server?). I'd be interested to know if Atlantic is any better off. I'd love to make a tamer in UO as no game I've played has introduced a more fun taming system imo. Still, if there aren't any players here either I don't really see the point in coming back.

T

Tazar

Atlantic is the most populated server by a wide margin. PVP, PVM, and RP communities are all active. I'd suggest making a trial character and running around Haven, Luna, etc. to get a feel for things. It sounds like you might be on a European time zone so you might be off during the shard prime-time, but I still think you'll find a good number of people around.

O

OMEN123

Atlantic is the most populated server by a wide margin. PVP, PVM, and RP communities are all active. I'd suggest making a trial character and running around Haven, Luna, etc. to get a feel for things. It sounds like you might be on a European time zone so you might be off during the shard prime-time, but I still think you'll find a good number of people around.
Thank you for the reply, I think I will give Atlantic a try. Hopefully there are some other players in the eu timezone as well though. ;)

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cross-Atlantic ping time might be a problem. I wouldn't want to try to tame a higher level monster like a greater dragon.

O

OMEN123

Cross-Atlantic ping time might be a problem. I wouldn't want to try to tame a higher level monster like a greater dragon.
That certainly isn't good news. :( I would prefer to play on a european server for this particular reason but as I said in my first post europa seemed to be completely deserted. I didn't realize ping would be such a big issue though, and I'm not sure if I'm willing to invest all that time to raise a character's skills (especially taming), only to find the endgame unplayable. Oh well, I guess I'll have to give it some more thought.

T

Tazar

There are many Europeans that play Atlantic so I think the ping is manageable for most things except probably high-end PVP.

I have one friend from England that tames greater dragons without a problem.

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on ATL from Wales, for you lot in the US, Its part of the UK. Next to the English.

I do not find the ping too bad, its 100ms, Europa is about 50ms. that is so small you will not see it :)

P.S. We grow the sheep, the English steals them and eat them, the Scottish get the leftovers and makes "Haggis" with it.

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on ATL from Wales, for you lot in the US, Its part of the UK. Next to the English.

I do not find the ping too bad, its 100ms, Europa is about 50ms. that is so small you will not see it :)

P.S. We grow the sheep, the English steals them and eat them, the Scottish get the leftovers and makes "Haggis" with it.
amazing! I play ATL from Wales too, my ping seems to fluctuate between 80-110 which isnt a problem. I can outrun many of my guild mates from over the pond. It's not like the old days but still plenty of people around, and hunting/spawning can be more fun and productive outside of the servers peak time

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Omen... come to Atlantic.. I don't think you will be disappointed in the population no matter your game play... If you need a alittle help getting started... just go to New Haven and ask around... a lot of good folks there, that are willing to help ya get started on Atlantic...

P.S.

Barok... the answer is the guys from West Virginia... that's where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.