• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking about coming back to UO

C

Cheepareap

Hello everybody,

After years of being away from UO I randomly decided to go back to my online gaming roots and check out UO's main website. Seems as if A LOT has changed and I wouldn't mind taking a break from my current game (WoW). I've always liked how UO was as far as being YOU in the game. WoW has to many cookie cutter play styles and I want to be unique again.

My main shard was Lake Superior but after logging in last night I decided to move to a more POPULATED shard. From the looks of it Atlantic seems to be the most populated.

I have a few questions if you guys dont mind answering.. :

How's the PvP on ATL?

Are there any active PvE/PvP guilds looking to recruit/help out a former UO player make a come back?

My intentions are to have 2 characters...
#1- An Archer of some type for PvE (maybe PvP)
---- Whats a good template now days with all of the changes?
#2- A mage/Crafter of sorts.. (hoping to start a nice vendor organization or help out somebody that already has this established)
---- What are the newest most popular Crafting skills?

I would LOVE to start playing Ultima Online again so if anybody can point me in the right direction or give me a shot to make a come back I would greatly appreciate it..

Also, In my PvP days i tore it up with my axer.. If a PvE or a PvP guild is looking for an active individual please let me know. I'll be online most days of the week.

Thank You in advance!!!

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you in advance for any help or advice!!
Advice? Play WoW.
Not that I don't like UO, but just because of what you pulled with guilds you've been in that I've been in with you. You are seriously a guild problem child.

C

Cheepareap

Advice? Play WoW.
Not that I don't like UO, but just because of what you pulled with guilds you've been in that I've been in with you. You are seriously a guild problem child.
What guilds have you been in with me? And who are you?

C

Cheepareap

To be honest, I did PvP a lot years and years ago. So I wouldnt be suprised if it's somebody I had a tussle with in the past. I can't deny I had bad blood with people in the PvP field. But in my opinion, thats all several years in the past. I'm just looking to come back to UO and have fun.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I met and hung around with Cheepareap in-game today and he seems like an alright guy. What happens in PVP and especially years ago mean nothing to me especially since most people in PVP are GM Sh*T Talkers--does not make them bad people--thats just PVP. UO's population is not that big that we need to be discouraging people from returning!

Welcome back to UO Cheepareap. Shout if you need anything.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never mentioned PvP, he did and this was a few months ago, not years. And what he did isn't for the forums.

ablackninja

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello everybody,

After years of being away from UO I randomly decided to go back to my online gaming roots and check out UO's main website. Seems as if A LOT has changed and I wouldn't mind taking a break from my current game (WoW). I've always liked how UO was as far as being YOU in the game. WoW has to many cookie cutter play styles and I want to be unique again.

My main shard was Lake Superior but after logging in last night I decided to move to a more POPULATED shard. From the looks of it Atlantic seems to be the most populated.

I have a few questions if you guys dont mind answering.. :

How's the PvP on ATL?

Are there any active PvE/PvP guilds looking to recruit/help out a former UO player make a come back?

My intentions are to have 2 characters...
#1- An Archer of some type for PvE (maybe PvP)
---- Whats a good template now days with all of the changes?
#2- A mage/Crafter of sorts.. (hoping to start a nice vendor organization or help out somebody that already has this established)
---- What are the newest most popular Crafting skills?

I would LOVE to start playing Ultima Online again so if anybody can point me in the right direction or give me a shot to make a come back I would greatly appreciate it..

Also, In my PvP days i tore it up with my axer.. If a PvE or a PvP guild is looking for an active individual please let me know. I'll be online most days of the week.

Thank You in advance!!!
Advice I would not plan on comming back the Dev's are breaking stuff instead of fixing the already broken stuff.

C

Cheepareap

I never mentioned PvP, he did and this was a few months ago, not years. And what he did isn't for the forums.
You must have the wrong guy or just want to try and break somebody's reputation. My account has been in-active for more than 2 years+. And not even then was I active within the UO community for more than 2 weeks.

C

Cheepareap

Well, I met and hung around with Cheepareap in-game today and he seems like an alright guy. What happens in PVP and especially years ago mean nothing to me especially since most people in PVP are GM Sh*T Talkers--does not make them bad people--thats just PVP. UO's population is not that big that we need to be discouraging people from returning!

Welcome back to UO Cheepareap. Shout if you need anything.
Thank you Willard, it was good seeing you in game. Thanks for all the help you gave me. Im sitting at 85ish Magery and eval already. GMed my focus and med. Although they will be going down once I start my Carto/lock picking.

Ill have to decorate that sandstone soon!