• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Healing & Consecrate buff

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- the healing buff is visible only by healing myself.

- the consecrate buff is removed when the wepon is unequipped and this is right, but if I equip it again while the spell still in effect the buff do not re-appears...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Isn't the healing "buff" icon correct? It should not show on yourself, but it should show on the character being healed.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't the healing "buff" icon correct? It should not show on yourself, but it should show on the character being healed.
it is not present in the target, but is totally useless if is not visible on the one who is applying the bandage...

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Healing buff icon is shown on the healer not the target.

The way healing works you can be healed by many people but you can only heal one person at a time.

You can also switch targets mid heal and since healing only takes place at the end of the action, it could be very misleading for a player to think they are being healed, then suddenly have nothing happen because their healer switched targets.

Consecrate is applied to the weapon itself. If you unequip or switch weapons, the effect goes away. The buff Icon accurately reflects whether or not you have consecrate in effect.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Healing buff icon is shown on the healer not the target.

The way healing works you can be healed by many people but you can only heal one person at a time.

You can also switch targets mid heal and since healing only takes place at the end of the action, it could be very misleading for a player to think they are being healed, then suddenly have nothing happen because their healer switched targets.

Consecrate is applied to the weapon itself. If you unequip or switch weapons, the effect goes away. The buff Icon accurately reflects whether or not you have consecrate in effect.
I've re-installed the client just in case and the healing buff now works correctly.
About the consecrate spell: good to know, I've always thought that consecrate ends when you hear the sound (and you hear it when the time is over if you have the weapon in the pack) :D

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Consecrate Weapon does not and never has had a buff icon...............

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Necromancy equivalent of Concecrate weapon, namely Curse Weapon, is still missing a Buff Icon. This is high on mine and many others wishlist.