• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chyloth the Ferryman

U

unified

Did anyone ever find out why Chyloth the Ferryman continues to hang out in the Mage Shop in Moonglow (at least on GL)? He's been there for about 7 years doing nothing.

I ask this because the latest publish notes says "Nosferatu the Hellhound Treat Vendor has been removed", but Chyloth is being allowed to stay. :coco:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh cant remove him as he is how you get to dark father remember.... he sidelines in the shop in moonglow with his friends

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats where he pawns the gold skulls peeps keep handing him.
I'd so love it if my thief could actually steal off of him ;)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that's his placeholder location until someone summons him down to the bell in Doom - so he's never gonna go anywhere

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did anyone ever find out why Chyloth the Ferryman continues to hang out in the Mage Shop in Moonglow (at least on GL)? He's been there for about 7 years doing nothing.

I ask this because the latest publish notes says "Nosferatu the Hellhound Treat Vendor has been removed", but Chyloth is being allowed to stay. :coco:
So?

He doesn't stay in Doom anyways, he only comes when summoned. Perhaps Moonglow is just where he lives until needed in Doom.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chyloth lives in my basement on the south end of moonglow. He just hangs out at the mage shop smoking nightshade with his friends.

N

northwoodschopper

i forget what happens if you give him a gold skull in the shop.

U

unified

i forget what happens if you give him a gold skull in the shop.
He says that you may cross, then the screen flashes mometarily placing your character on the boat in Doom, then back to the Mage Shop. This act causes everything in your backpack to be locked down and can't be moved. Logging out, then in again returns your backpack to normal, including returning the golden skull to you. Meanwhile Chyloth offers nary an explanation. He just looks at you like nothing happened. ;)

N

northwoodschopper

He says that you may cross, then the screen flashes mometarily placing your character on the boat in Doom, then back to the Mage Shop. This act causes everything in your backpack to be locked down and can't be moved. Logging out, then in again returns your backpack to normal, including returning the golden skull to you. Meanwhile Chyloth offers nary an explanation. He just looks at you like nothing happened. ;)
i vaguely remember that you could go to doom 2 that way, which was later fixed as you described since it wasn't intended. there was some other shenanigans you could do too.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chyloth lives in my basement on the south end of moonglow. He just hangs out at the mage shop smoking nightshade with his friends.
Hahaha.

Well the treat NPC is a problem, Chyloth isn't. A lot of people stockpiled treats anyway, but at least we the treat influx gone it'll just be another harbinger waiting to happen. Ugh. ;D

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hahaha.

Well the treat NPC is a problem, Chyloth isn't. A lot of people stockpiled treats anyway, but at least we the treat influx gone it'll just be another harbinger waiting to happen. Ugh. ;D
Actually, the treat seller is still there until the publish gets pushed out to all the shards. I'm sure people are stocking up.....

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
That is cool.. lol