• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] need pc asap please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting items you have there. I have in my possession an eye witness account of your obtaining them. It makes an interesting tale, but I think I'll only share it via pms if anyone wishes to hear it.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What Shard are these on?

EDIT: nvm i know what shard they are on, they are on Atlantic just by looking at the house. And i know how you got them...

"shakes head"

L

Lothar of Malas Univ

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the poster, he wasn't the thief. As a guild leader or an emmy, be more careful of who you guild. ALOT of thieves with kits hanging in luna to nab your crap.

S

Scragon

ty lothar..

I did not steal anything, nor did I help anyone steal anything. so that whole rumour needs to end.

I obtained these by buying them. thats that.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Why would you need a price check on items "asap" that you just purchased? Don't you know what you paid for them?

"Hot Item" is still a "Hot Item"

Just like those who lost respect by purchasing stolen items from the Pacific Rares Festival. Nothing can be done but still doesn't make it right. I feel bad for whomever it was stolen from and hope one day you get to feel how they feel right now.

:next:

But you did ask for a price check so I will give you one

• 3 gold
  • 5 gold
  • Your reputation

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ty lothar..

I did not steal anything, nor did I help anyone steal anything. so that whole rumour needs to end.

I obtained these by buying them. thats that.
*shakes head*

The best thing you could do right now would be to return the items to their owner. If you are aware the items belong to someone else, asking us for a price check was definitely not the wisest thing to do.

@Lothar, buying stolen goods is as it reads. If you find this acceptable, shame on you too.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ everyone, the only reason thieves steal is because they know someone will buy it. If no one buys stolen goods, thieves no longer have the monetary incentive to steal.

Pretty damned simple logic.

D

Devine

yeah man this thread gives me a bad taste.... and serious dudes special lother i guess... this dude didnt steal it off me he robbed a guildy and a long time freind off what 200m ? lol such a loser seriously .... with the help off his buddy who made this this thread asked me ingame to take em off vendor to hold em for him for later buys and then poof my old time bud who was stealthing around to steal em while in same guild ect..... and yes i would say anyone who wants to buy stolen goods are theives them self... and anything about me not insureing my stuff is nonsense cuz u dont think ur buddy would stand beside u and steal my stuff would ya ... >:< screw this .... have nice day guys and thanks to all those who helped me out with this stuff .....

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah man this thread gives me a bad taste.... and serious dudes special lother i guess... this dude didnt steal it off me he robbed a guildy and a long time freind off what 200m ? lol such a loser seriously .... with the help off his buddy who made this this thread asked me ingame to take em off vendor to hold em for him for later buys and then poof my old time bud who was stealthing around to steal em while in same guild ect..... and yes i would say anyone who wants to buy stolen goods are theives them self... and anything about me not insureing my stuff is nonsense cuz u dont think ur buddy would stand beside u and steal my stuff would ya ... >:< screw this .... have nice day guys and thanks to all those who helped me out with this stuff .....
I agree. Here is what i was told. He stole event rares from a good freind of mine, about 200mil worth. As you can see this fits that price range. I know who took it and i hope one day you will suffer the actions you made. My freind is quitting the game because her so called "freind" stole from her. She trusted you and you did this to her.

So have fun with your stolen goods.
*sarcasm*

S

Scragon

Unfortunately guys.. there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I'm
sre hundreds of rares that people own throughout UO were stolen by thieves and sold to others.

I can't do anything about people that steal and who their guild invites.. Especially on a shard that has Shinobi on it, everyone should know to insure their items and be careful who you guild.

and the reason I asked for a PC is because we were talking about prices on it, and.. I'm not a rares dealer so I didnt know if they were worth the asking.
the PC was posted before siegfried stole the persons things.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I might have different thoughts about the great pacific rip off event stealing from "friends" is a ****** move and I hope some great orc brute connects his pixel foot to your pixel teeth.

Even worse for 200 mil just confirms what a chump move. Who can't farm that in a week?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
sre hundreds of rares that people own throughout UO were stolen by thieves and sold to others.
Sure there is you just wont do it. Its called contact the original owner and try to work out a deal, if you can afford to give back as a gift then do so.

Just because hundreds of rares that people own could have been stolen by thieves does not make it right, that is a high school excuse and I hope all of us here have graduated.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I can't do anything about people that steal and who their guild invites.. Especially on a shard that has Shinobi on it, everyone should know to insure their items and be careful who you guild.

and the reason I asked for a PC is because we were talking about prices on it, and.. I'm not a rares dealer so I didnt know if they were worth the asking.
the PC was posted before siegfried stole the persons things.
Tell you what, unless you want to get black balled here...you should return the items. Saying you are sorry and that there is nothing you can do is hardly an answer considering you are acting as a fence to broker goods *you didn't steal*.

Just hand the stuff back already...

P

private1

I have to agree the items need to be returned to the original owner asap. It is bad enough they were stolen from her by a friend but to try to fence them on the forums is just as bad. I don't have much gold on Atlantic atm, but if you have to have something for them I will gladly give what i have there to have these returned to the rightful owner.

Sir Ace of Chessy

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last time i checked, if you buy a stolen car, it doesnt matter that you paid for the car, the police are still gonna take it back, and you might be charged with buying / receiving stolen goods, even if you were not aware at the time.

Its sad, but stuff like this makes people quit the game...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scragon said:
i never said i didnt buy stolen goods, and i honestly have no problem with buying stolen goods. UO has stealing for a reason.
From PM...I attempted to work something out with this person to get the items returned to their respective home, however all attempts were stonewalled and many excuses made. If talking in a circle were a sport, the gold would be well within reach.

S

Scragon

i support that.. even if its absolutely taken out of context, from an entire esssay practicly i wrote trying to explain everything.

I'm not responsible for other people losing their items. And, like I said in the PM, UO made it so you could do all these things, that's why people make thieves. Also, I don't care where people got items on UO, I wanted to buy them regardless of who owned them.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i support that.. even if its absolutely taken out of context, from an entire esssay practicly i wrote trying to explain everything.

I'm not responsible for other people losing their items. And, like I said in the PM, UO made it so you could do all these things, that's why people make thieves. Also, I don't care where people got items on UO, I wanted to buy them regardless of who owned them.
And to make sure we have full context here - you then come onto the very forums that are frequented by the person that lost these items, and look not only for a price check on them, but also acceptance? Ok bud.

S

Scragon

like i said.. i wanted a PC on these before the thief took em.. I was gonna buy them from devine before they were stolen from him/her.

when siegfried stole them, thats who i bought them from after that.

and, I don't know many people on this game anymore.. I don't know devine, I don't know the thief who sold me the items, nor 99% of this forum.
giving people I don't know their things back because they lost them.. is not something most people would do.. especially when you dont have very much money

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, it would be best if you just stop discussing this now.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Athelas can I borrow your padlock? Sorry but I gotta say that it angers me to see this. Devine is a good dude that I have dealt with and does not deserve to see his goods being fenced. Scragon, I know who you are in game and personally I think you should return the items. If you paid 50mil for the lot as I was told, then I will return your gold to you for the items to be returned. It is the right thing to do, everyone on this forum have dealt with each other in sales, trades, or whatever and everyone knows when something happens to anyone. So I ask you to contact me and make this happen.

edit: also, judging from your picture. you had the items in your possesion and asked for a price check after the fact, not before. cant say you took screen shot of them on vendor because they have no price on them

S

Scragon

Athelas can I borrow your padlock? Sorry but I gotta say that it angers me to see this. Devine is a good dude that I have dealt with and does not deserve to see his goods being fenced. Scragon, I know who you are in game and personally I think you should return the items. If you paid 50mil for the lot as I was told, then I will return your gold to you for the items to be returned. It is the right thing to do, everyone on this forum have dealt with each other in sales, trades, or whatever and everyone knows when something happens to anyone. So I ask you to contact me and make this happen.

edit: also, judging from your picture. you had the items in your possesion and asked for a price check after the fact, not before. cant say you took screen shot of them on vendor because they have no price on them
na.. they were taken off the vendor and put in a pack, in his possesion.. without the price tags though so I could post a PC.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, so back to my original proposal. Lets make this right, you give me the items to return to owner and I reimburse you the gold you spent and all parties are happy.

S

Scragon

OK, so back to my original proposal. Lets make this right, you give me the items to return to owner and I reimburse you the gold you spent and all parties are happy.
See honestly.. I'd do this, but if this were any other way as in reverse. no one would refund to me, or most people for that matter. Just because someone you know lost thier things, doesn't mean it wasn't their own fault and that they automatically should just get their things back.

I've lost 2 full accounts and a whole bunch of other crap to thieves and once an account from keylogger. No one was ever there to reimburce my ****, nor does it happen for 99% of the people that get thier things stolen. Like I keep saying, UO has stealing for a reason, and thieves are made for a reason. I tried talking to devine and explaining that I didnt do it and I wanted to help out, he just called me a scammer and ignored me. I'm not interested in helping him out anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.