• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dockmaster... Why?

T

tatey

Unless I'm missing something huge, I've unloaded my 10,000 stone hold through the dockmaster expecting to be able to unload it to the bank... but it just appears in a shed at the corner of the dock? Of what use to me is my hold in a shed?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
it allows for changing boats especially when full!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yes, you're missing something.

The Dockmaster is there primarily to allow you to temporarily unload your ship to drydock it, launch another, and move its contents into the new boat, not to move the stuff to the bank.

Though, if you can take stuff from the shed, it does remove a couple steps along the way in moving stuff to the bank (not having to constantly leave and reboard the ship).

T

tatey

Ahhh very good idea, I obviously hadn't thought of changing ships! I like that idea :D

It would be nice though to be able to bank from the shed, or add a way to send things with charges to the bank account from the shed (like a chest of sending does!)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can sail to Serpents Hold and access your bank box from your ship there and you can use commodity deeds within your hold.

T

tatey

You can sail to Serpents Hold and access your bank box from your ship there and you can use commodity deeds within your hold.
Ahh I like that idea even more, I wonder if i could reach the bank on the coast of Jhelom too. Thanks!

C

catship

this only works if no ships are blocking you out
has hapend to me more than once, never did page on them, but all the ships had the same name