• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) The Atlantic Mage Tower Website

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Within the history books of Atlantic, there has always been one section that has largely remained blank, its pages scribed with small passages and footnotes, never nearing cohesion or completion.

It is my honor to announce, that after many years of collecting information from hundreds of different sources, we stumbled upon a breakthrough. A cached copy of the Atlantic Mage Tower's Geocities site was located, and since that moment, we have condensed, sorted, and poured all our findings into a reconstructed version of the original AMT website.

This site contains large amounts of new information on the tower and the organization behind it, including a large variety of old pictures and stories from Atlantic's history.

The top two sections will be added soon, along with another very special announcement.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years to move this project along!

-- Halister

The Atlantic Mage Tower Website

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very well done man. I like the section about Jenny aswell.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jenny and Nick were my best friends in those days.

Isn't it interesting to notice that I am noted to be part of AoD ?

Our Snooper Lord Fox, Lord Raistin AoD, who also helped me keep track of who was next...
Oh yes I was in AoD, what matters is when...

It was lord FoX AoD, and Raistlin the 13 y.o. kid who joined AoD out of sheer frustration that people would sell their sosarian wares on e-bay.

My main goal was to stop those evil meta-gaming necromancers... or destroy everything trying...

As you said Hallister, this page was blank for a long while.. dosen't this sound a bit incomplete to you still ?

The Atlantic Mage Tower Has 10,000 Visitors

On this day, the Lady Nicole has been given a prize by Tiffric for being the 10,000th visitor to the Atlantic Mage Tower. Congratulations Nicole!

We are very pleased to have so many visitors to our Tower. Our doors are always open to the traveler, the mage in search of knowledge, and all manner of folk in Britannia. We hope that there will be many more such visitors in the future!

-- Raistlin

Ra's (and Raistlin's) Review of the Atlantic Mage Tower Party

On Sunday, May 9, 1999, a party organized by Ra and AndDroid was held. This was a really fun event (though less tense than a crawl!). It was also my first introduction to the Tower. I had a great time gulping down ale while watching the mages summon daemons and elementals. Some mages attended in their gargoyle costumes :) . I thoroughly enjoyed talking with everyone and munching down the muffins. I am now a Mage of the Tower, and this place is GREAT! I've already been on my first small crawl (we went to Wrong) and had a TON of fun! I can't wait for more Tower events! Thank you Ra and AndDroid for the party, and thank you Tiffric for letting me in the Tower!

-- Raistlin, Mage of the Tower

Listen to Ra's report of the party:

We had a great great time at the AMT party on Sunday. Before the party, we piled over 1k worth of alcohol on the table... starving friends chatted and feasted over the plentiful food. It was loads of fun.

After the party, everything was GONE. Everyone, even the Tower Ghost OoOoo was drunk (btw have you ever seen a *hic*-ing ghost?? I was laughing so hard! ). Thanks to all those who attended. I hope you enjoyed the event. And thanks to the famed Order of the Ebon Skull (esp. Keeshi, Deacon, and Shadow) for coming after we received rumors that a PK guild was going to come disrupt the event. One after another they came to make sure our guests were safe, and we all had a great time.

We look forward to meeting friends on and beyond Atlantic at our future events.

-- Ra and Raistlin
And how ironic that there would be so much emphasis on me, while my voice is being ridiculed in a insiduous manner in this community, even you have come to the irrational conclusion that the sleeping dragon should not be awakened.

Merlin... Ra tha ghastly, Berem, Beor...

Heart of gold.

It's kind of cute... I can read my words and rewrite them and I can put myself back in the exact same mindframe I was back then. The power of memory never ceases to amaze me...

The AMT is much much more than is let on, its in fact so much more that it would be next to impossible that parties involved in the events that took place in the summer of 1999 could not add to this account. Silence will be interpreted as contempt...

There is also many many missing parts of the story, I would like to get the original backup if possible ? Ra's comics ?

Well at least congratulations for finding this treasure, I could not find any of it anywhere someone had even requested that the official site be taken off the wayback machine *tips hat*

Ra and Tiffric were my mentors, my character somehow inspired them but there was no way they would figure out what this really meant :

Raistlin Majere, The Dark One
Little did I know that Richard Gariott was a good friend of Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman... you see we all felt so community, so genuine and blissful to the point of being a bit cheezy...

Little did I know why I was given such honors to be an inner initiate of the FoA, after all I had been adamant about this e-bay issue... well enough to be very uncomfortable to everyone, perhaps this purity of heart is what triggered those synchronisms that led to me casting the armageddon spell and destroying everything including myself.

A timeline cannot be constructed, but it seems that the dark wisps revealed a new interpretation of the significance of Mondain's non-existence in Ilshenar. Whereas to the scholars of Terort Skitas, Mondain's failure to appear was the undoing of their plans, the Zog Cabal believed that Mondain's non-existence was necessary for maintaining some inscrutable "balance." Based on this, the scholars accepted the dark wisps' urging to summon... something. There is no surviving record of what they summoned, nor a better explanation of why. In the records available from Terort Skitas, this being is called only "bal-lem," meaning "evil one." Apparently, the other humans achieved a limited victory and imprisoned this being. Four leaders of the Zog Cabal, whose names were Martoo Saul, Junin Pince, Zendella Kxriss, and Miron Vehl, were banished to another facet as punishment for their involvement. However, for some unknown reason, the people of Terort Skitas and Mistas felt that there was still great evil at work in Ilshenar. They evacuated their people and sealed the facet gates, to protect the other facets from whatever evil lingered in Ilshenar...
I am FoA's Bal-lem...

Thats exactly how I like my paradoxes... indestructible and mysterious... keeps ya noggin in shape !

What is to become of your devoted, humble companion ?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides Hallister...

I prefered much your old memorial tower than the new one Messana placed, which is just an empty tower.

She could have at least left Tiffric's memorial statue ? It's been like that for many months... who would have tought the lead UO Dev would be the one putting out the eternal flame of mages

I hope you kept the boards and guest books... the runebook too.

I wanted to thank you a long time for this, when I visited I was very moved.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Besides Hallister...

I prefered much your old memorial tower than the new one Messana placed, which is just an empty tower.

She could have at least left Tiffric's memorial statue ? It's been like that for many months... who would have tought the lead UO Dev would be the one putting out the eternal flame of mages

I hope you kept the boards and guest books... the runebook too.

I wanted to thank you a long time for this, when I visited I was very moved.
All of that was kept. Molly and I will be adding those and more soon. Thank you though for the kind words. Tiffric, Jenny, and AMT deserve as much as we can give them. If everything goes according to plan, things may be much less empty very soon.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I see you coming, but I don't want to spoil anymore surprises by guessing !

:heart:

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

It is an absolute shame that the Atlantic shard has lost its very soul to the demon known as time, but alas, it has.

There are still a scant few of us that remember, and we haunt these halls like spectres...creeping, lurking, but never to see the light of day again.

D

Draken-Korin

Morgana, Morgana, Morgana...

Many that have played this game for a very long time have adapted, not to continue to play a crappy game but one they enjoy. Those that believe there may be a bright new day out there have ventured forth to explore it. Those that believe the world ended long ago "creep and lurk", as you so aptly put it.

But make no mistake about it Morgana, and I say this with the utmost respect for what you gave to the game over the years, you overinflate your importance to Sosaria. When you accept the fact you, as are the rest of us, are but a blip on the screen in this great mmopg you may be able to find peace with yourself....and Sosaria.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can only speak for myself, but I am not just another blip in cyber space.

Finding balance yes... but not before remembering.

The time lord is a daemon from the higher spheres, but time itself is a companion, just like me.

remember...

D

Draken-Korin

What percent of the people that have played this game since its creation do you think even knows who you are Ahu? So yes while many may think they are important in the little corner of this world they carved out for themselves it rarely extends much further than that.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry to bring it up... but you are full of sophism my friend.

Do you even claim to fathom what the spirit of your friends you think you know contains ? I for one do not even close to realise how infinite my true potential is... I would never even ever think of knowing yours.

By your lazyness and your love of convenience you are doing exactly what you despise ; by confronting my idea of uniqueness (which cannot really be divided from importance, now can it, see following philosophical argument) All snowflakes are unique but remove one of them and you have an incomplete winter, the symmetry is broken.

Perhaps in your warm cozy chair you would not be the one to notice however, now would you ?

You see how foolish your attitude is ? To think you are important enough to know everything is limited ? If I didn't know you better I'd even say you are jealous of my luck.

You see, all who play and played UO knows me, for I am the stranger who slew mondain. Even more importantly, the dynamics at play here created another phenomenon which I would be hard pressed to explain in your simple scientific language ; it clearly does not suffice...

I am a companion, a time traveler, I have been to the center of the galaxy and shook the hand of the time lord with the only deal that ever depreciated his value.

I have indeed outsmarted all villains in this world, be they upfront or insiduous...

It might be a small world... and yes its an outdated game... you can judge me all you want actually, why not !

Oh look how pathetic Ahu is... already every human is an ant in the grand scheme of things, we must realise the TRUTH and shove it down our ego's throat until it becomes second nature... But Ahu ! Hah ! He's an ant who invested all he is in a GAME... you cannot imagine a worse loser can you ?

I'm having fun nonetheless... and you, be your ears open, will have a little more too as you begin to see. We could also spend all day wondering about what pathetic sacrifices Ahu made for his "important" role... did he lose his wife and marriage over it... arguing all the time he cannot go to bed because he must correct someone that is wrong on the internet !

What a nice sitcom to have in a thread about something public like the AMT.

Mods please think twice about removing this message of general interest as I am not posting this as an attack of Draken but in retrospect of a greater viewpoint, an ethical viewpoint which clearly describes the limits of judgement which are constructive and conductive to community building here on atlantic.

Can we just Roleplay and get along ? Draken, please let Morgana be important. Let her play her role, the one she was destined for. Noone cares if any of your characters stumble on the way to their 15 minutes of glory, we are all human and we all forgive... don't we ?

P.S. - oh and Morgana... I never lost my soul, I leased it to the time lord and well I am cashing in now... free as a bird.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Morgana, Morgana, Morgana...

Many that have played this game for a very long time have adapted, not to continue to play a crappy game but one they enjoy. Those that believe there may be a bright new day out there have ventured forth to explore it. Those that believe the world ended long ago "creep and lurk", as you so aptly put it.

But make no mistake about it Morgana, and I say this with the utmost respect for what you gave to the game over the years, you overinflate your importance to Sosaria. When you accept the fact you, as are the rest of us, are but a blip on the screen in this great mmopg you may be able to find peace with yourself....and Sosaria.
Dear Draken, I gave no importance to Sosaria, she only ever gave it to me. It was only after I realized such that I was able to let go of it, and it of me. It is that easy. I will always treasure the memories, but never will I set foot upon her soil again in the lands that you know.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

P.S. - oh and Morgana... I never lost my soul, I leased it to the time lord and well I am cashing in now... free as a bird.
Every single one of us lost our soul...or we never really understood what was required of us...did we?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry to disapoint you but I have never let my soul wander, the eternal flame of mages still burns bright in my heart and is about to be symbolically restored... as you can see I accomplished my goal.

I have bridged dimentions and made it clear that I was not going to stand and watch all I knew that was good in this world remain desecrated. Noone stood up and confronted me.

This spirit, of sacrifice for community is what I stand for and it will become very apparent in the next months.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to thank Halister for sending me this thread. I don't really play UO as of late so after two months I've finally checked stratics lol.

If it is at all possible to add more info to the website I would like to include this:
UO Stratics - Baja - The Kingdom of Dawn

I was one of the reporters for my home shard, Baja and updated the POI page for MT. it also has a few extra things near the bottom.

Currently the Mage Tower on Baja is somewhat "broken". One person owns the Tower itself and another holds the guild. These two had a falling out and so we may still have the guild itself and the Tower itself, they are not together.

I can't remember his stratics name but I would look on the LS page for any MT members, the last remaining members there were trying to start up again and may still be around and would probably love the new info about the Atlantic page =)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ironically...

:lie:

Nothing was done... the eternal flame of mages was put out...

never to be restored.

Good move, check mated.

You just check-mated an ant. :mf_prop: