• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Churches and Chapels

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Night Stalker on Siege has built a gorgeous church just below Umbra using one of the new tile sets. (I think it's called the Thieves' Redemption Chapel.) Going to try to get him to post some screen shots. Meanwhile, does anyone else have screen shots to share of their churches or chapels built with the new tile set?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't wait to see some pics. :)

Trouble is… yes, I have a couple houses decorated up in the church-like theme… but the new Gothic tiles are so grand, as well as missing far too much, they can only be used in BIG plots to any satisfying degree. I have one of those going on as well, however I’m still working on the décor. Church design is still far better off with the classic wall-sets and can be done on any scale.

Like… “The First Church of Candy”, Atlantic, Yew, Tram… my town.

Or, the far more amazing “The Skara Brea Abbey of Candy”, Atlantic, Tram.

Really, you’d have to see this house to believe it… but I’ve been waiting for Miss Lady Kero to do some BIG pictures for awhile.

I’ll have to see if I can get this other little church tomorrow and share it. It's just so bad the new Gothic tiles are missing so much.

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Really, you’d have to see this house to believe it… but I’ve been waiting for Miss Lady Kero to do some BIG pictures for awhile.

you can post them yourself too you know *giggles*

i used to have a temple set up but that was before the new gothic pack was out. too bad i cant find the pics of it now ill do a little digging and ill see if i cant find them. i currently have a new building although my building isn't technically a church or chapel i did use the new gothic set tile i think it turned out semi decently

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can post them yourself too you know *giggles*
She has some kind of special way of getting much larger pics in then I do. Some other program I could never get to work.

The big thing I dont like about the gothic pack house tiles is exactly what you see on your house... the arches. They are beautiful, but its that bit of ugly green shadow under them. I managed to cover this up with a gaza mat, matched to the very color, but I'm not sure about it. If only we had a floor that covered that up.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Night Stalker on Siege has built a gorgeous church just below Umbra using one of the new tile sets. (I think it's called the Thieves' Redemption Chapel.) Going to try to get him to post some screen shots. Meanwhile, does anyone else have screen shots to share of their churches or chapels built with the new tile set?
Thanks for the plug! *tick tock*

I suppose I will post these rather large screens of it then.
Outside and First floor. If anyone wants to see the rest, they'll have to join Siege! :D

Edit: seems the post is smashing the pictures out of proportion... you can see them full size at these links:

http://www.unnaturalnature.com/chapel.jpg
http://www.unnaturalnature.com/chapel_inside.jpg

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok… I got some more pictures.

This is the work I mentioned before. The inside is really still a work in progress, so I didn’t bother showing anything inside. Frankly, I’m not wild about big box house designs, even like this. I much prefer a little relief like in nightstalker’s design. You can clearly see a small graveyard in my church of candy for example. This massive cathedral demanded a lot of space and it was all I could do to talk the friend that owned it out of making it a big box.

I also found that little place I also mentioned. It's just above the Atlantic Brit Tram graveyard… and it's been in place for as long as I can remember. This tile set? It's the best for churches and houses of this nature.