• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorting Treasure Maps

• Thread starter Sysaro Rakshasa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

Sysaro Rakshasa

I am trying to figure out the best way to sort my T-maps. This way when I got hunting, I can take multiple maps in the same general area. Anyone have any good ideas as to how to sort the maps. This is what I have in mind so far:

Felucca:
By Level:
NorthEast
NorthWest
SouthEast
SouthWest

Trammel:
By Level:
NorthEast
NorthWest
SouthEast
SouthWest

Malas:
By Level:
NorthEast
NorthWest
SouthEast
SouthWest

Ilshenar:
By Level:
NorthEast
NorthWest
SouthEast
SouthWest

Ter Mur:
By Level:
NorthEast
NorthWest
SouthEast
SouthWest

The biggest problem I have found with this, is that some maps are in the same general area but one Coordinate will be N/W, while another (not far from it) will be N/E. Just wondering if anyone has found a good way of sorting their maps.

Thanks

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I could be wrong but because the locations are random now, don't decoded maps become tattered again after a period of time if they are not done? When you decode them again do they give you the same coordinates as the first time? If they do not, then you can really only sort them by level and facet (assuming the facet is fixed that is).

I haven't done too many maps since lately but it seems to me all my maps have reverted to tattered again.

S

Sysaro Rakshasa

Oh really!? I didn't know that. Thanks. I guess I will just sort them by Facet and Level then.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they recently changed the maps to have random locations. I havent checked it out but I am assuming that if they revert to tattered, they must be changing the location for the next decoding.

I could be full of baloney though *laughs*. Best to wait for someone else to confirm this.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if you let them sit for a week the location changes so sorting maps is only good if you are going to dig them up in 1 week time.

G

Goat Blood

I think if you let them sit for a week the location changes so sorting maps is only good if you are going to dig them up in 1 week time.
This is great news, means leaving lev6 maps for a week and the location will change. Very handy if it is in a high spawn area.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is that still active?

I've not tested any to find out, but I don't think I've had to redecode any maps in the last year or so.

That said, if you have a bunch of maps for immediate use, how I sort them is as follows:

Trammel (would work for Fel as well)
Islands:
1 box for the Islands around Jhelom, 1 stack per island
1 box for the Islands between Trinsic and Serpents Hold
1 box for Fire Island (it had about 10% of the total island locations, pre-randomization, and for me it still seems to pop up a lot)
1 box for the islands between Trinsic & Britain
1 Box for Bucs Den, Skull island, Magincia and Moonglow). I've not found any for Ice Island or Nujelm, but if they exist they'd go here too.
Mainland:
1 box for the region between Minoc & Vesper, north of the river; includes the area north of Minoc.
1 box for The Covetous region (start at vesper, going west, until you reach Cove, the sea or the edge of the woods on that big plain (where all the castles are)
1 box for the plains, compassion desert and the woods to the north. Borders for this region are the Bog of Desolation and the west river crossing south of justice.
1 box for the area between the rivers (the Wind region)
1 box for Yew, east to the river, south to the sanctuary entrance. Includes area west of the mountains by Shame and the Blighted Grove
1 box for the Britain region, from the Bog of desolation, south to the river between Britain and Trinsic
1 box for the region south and east from that river, down to the mountains by trinsic.
1 box west from the river, to the Hedge Maze, north of the mountains
1 box from Sanctuary down to Destard, including Skara Brae and its neighbor island.
lastly, 1 box for the jungle between Destard and Trinsic.

Once you get the maps sorted, you can probably consolidate a little (removing separate boxes for areas that seem to get low drops, and moving the maps into an adjacent area's box).

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to figure out the best way to sort my T-maps.

Wouldn't it be wonderfull if we were given, perhaps as a new craftable, a Book like the BOD Book that can hold 500 treasure Maps (but cound as 1 item...) and that has FILTERS (like BOD Books for BODs) that help organize Treasure Maps the way one wants ?

Like, for example, have a Filter that allows organizing Treasure Maps (or SoS) for nearness of cohordinates and Map level, for example.......

I think it would be a blast.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wouldn't it be wonderfull if we were given, perhaps as a new craftable, a Book like the BOD Book that can hold 500 treasure Maps (but cound as 1 item...) and that has FILTERS (like BOD Books for BODs) that help organize Treasure Maps the way one wants ?

Like, for example, have a Filter that allows organizing Treasure Maps (or SoS) for nearness of cohordinates and Map level, for example.......

I think it would be a blast.
Will not work. Before the map is decoded UO does not know where the location is. If you do not do these in the next 30 days they revert back to tattered maps and need to be decoded again. On the other hand a book that sorts them by LvL and land would be great and like BOD books 500 maps would be 100 items.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and like BOD books 500 maps would be 100 items.

Well, I'd like Treasure Maps Books to be a further improvement towards easing up storage and therefore, rather than have a 1 to 5 ratio make it, perhaps, a 1 to 100 ratio ?

That is, a 500 Treasure Maps Book counting only as 5 items ?

After all, we have seen players use vendors to store BOD Books for a long time meaning that their storage ratio was not good enough to meet players' favour. And infact, players had to resort to a work around using vendors to store their BODs......

What I am trying to say, is that I think that Books, whether for BODs or Treasure Maps or else, should count for not many counts, definately not the 101 they count now for 500 BODs.....

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just sort them by land and level now, since there are countless locations and they need to be re-decoded after awhile. I used to have them sorted by region (similar to what Basara detailed), but not since they went away from the 180 static spots. I love that they put the hunting back into Treasure Hunting.

Regarding map storage books, Lord Frodo summed it up nicely. Sorting them by level and land mass is not beyond a players capabilities today using containers. I have never seen much use in holding onto treasure maps though. If you are getting enough of them to be a storage concern, then you can easily part with them (dig or sell), since you seem to have no trouble getting them in the first place. BODs however, are retained so they can be combined into more desireable large orders (maps do not have or need such a thing).

The new map system has allowed me to do away with most of my old map runebooks, as I only need general locations to travel from.

Stayin Alive,

BG