• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Para blow

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's severly broken. Currently you get hit with para blow, and your character is stuck in place for good. Even as a ghost your character is unable to move.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's severly broken. Currently you get hit with para blow, and your character is stuck in place for good. Even as a ghost your character is unable to move.
Yes! My character Faulinei on test is being hit with it all the time! Luckily I have a box tho!

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We will be correcting this issue with the next TC publish.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This was pretty funny actually. I forgot to set up my trapped box. I've never had a bug force me to delete a character before...

This almost ranks up there with the old beta delete character bug and the wandering statues bug. It's almost epic. :)

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We will be correcting this issue with the next TC publish.
Just remember it is para blow and not the spell paralyze where duration is reduced by magic resist, which by the way was broken for years.

3 sec pvp, 6 sec pvm .

Get rid of trap boxes breaking paralyzing effects. It was not designed to do that, what an exploit of game mechanics.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then Every Dexxer in the game will be Evil Omen Paralyzed, Cross Fielded, and slaughtered, but The Game is Mages online isn't it?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Then Every Dexxer in the game will be Evil Omen Paralyzed, Cross Fielded, and slaughtered, but The Game is Mages online isn't it?
But that would mean that every mage would have to have Necro and ss.....but if necro's are being demolished by mystics, wouldn't that mean all mages would turn to mystic instead? The arguments are kind of odd.....

My opinion on the matter would be to make Resisting spells effective against evil omen, Add a chance to negate it altogether (like it can with poison, but increase the effectiveness resist vs spirit speak with 120 vs 120 = 50% chance to negate it, or maybe just have it a 50% chance to not half the resisting spells skill.) Be more creative people.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only Takes 60 Necro 60 SS (Max) to successfully evil omen para. That doesn't take much.

And what you are talking about is basically making a skill MANDATORY in pvp. If you think its not fair that all the dexxers can just use a trapped box to break your para, wait till you can't para them at all without necro, or mana vamp, or poison them 100% of the time. The changes you would like to see will just make resisting spells more Prevalent in the pvp world than it already is.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Only Takes 60 Necro 60 SS (Max) to successfully evil omen para. That doesn't take much.

And what you are talking about is basically making a skill MANDATORY in pvp. If you think its not fair that all the dexxers can just use a trapped box to break your para, wait till you can't para them at all without necro, or mana vamp, or poison them 100% of the time. The changes you would like to see will just make resisting spells more Prevalent in the pvp world than it already is.
I don't particularly care if they can't be paralyzed or not, I simply offer a solution to the people who complain, plus I am of the "skill over items" crowd, so yea...... Or how about they fix the boxes so they only work once? there ya go, now you can use that box all you like if you carry 50 of them.