• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Special Order Runebooks… No need to raid vendors.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's for your own private runebook collection…

Or you want to build a public rune library…

Why not place a special order?

Besides… keeping such nice and orderly vendors is a lot of work and seeing my vendors raided right after I stock doesn’t entice me to restock in a timely manner. You can get exactly how many you want, dyed the way you want with out having to be a 5+ year vet… or even dyed the natural default… OR you can dye them your own way. It doesn’t matter. You have the scrolls? Get them for next to nothing!

I’ve been keeping GM-Marked runebooks available for everyone for nearly 10 years. “Lady Kitten Gillian” crafted goods are not just on Atlantic, but can be found all over the game-world. We are all about helping our community fellows… so please, if you need books, you know where to go. ;)

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
out of curiosity isn't the point of having vendors to sell things on the vendors :eyes:

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
out of curiosity isn't the point of having vendors to sell things on the vendors :eyes:
Yes, but not every one needs the same runes.
There are people I know who do NOT have a Mage of any type, so they can not mark their own runes. So a service like this is aimed at them :)

It can also be aimed at people who hate making a rune book (me), I made one "master" rune book and used that pen to copy them to my other toons. So if a service like this was in my price range, I used it (if I did not have a pen).

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As mentioned above... when you need more then 1-10 runebooks... it's always better to special order, when you consider some people could need 100+ at 1 time. What's better... raiding a public vendor that may not restock for weeks for this trouble or getting everything you need in 1 shot?

T

Tazar

*starts making a list of the absolute most deadliest places for my special order*

*evil grin*

L

Lightningstrike

Thank you for this post

How can I go about obtaining 50 full runebooks with Tram & Fel cities and 50 full rune books with Tram & Fel dungeons? Thats 200 runebooks.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*starts making a list of the absolute most deadliest places for my special order*

*evil grin*
Considering the fact you know that I sell BLANK runebooks… you can wish for all the deadliest locations you want… THEN you can set out and mark them for yourself. FULL runebooks, you need to find someone like Kero who sells that full runebooks and not blank ones.

My news item didn’t say “Allergic to any work playing UO for yourself? Want me to run your vendors for you? Pay me to play your account!” I'm not interested.

L

Lightningstrike

So you have been making empty rune books for 10 years?

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As mentioned above... when you need more then 1-10 runebooks... it's always better to special order, when you consider some people could need 100+ at 1 time. What's better... raiding a public vendor that may not restock for weeks for this trouble or getting everything you need in 1 shot?
Maybe a better place to post this notice would be on the bulletin board of your vendor house. Also, place a book on the vendors explaining this. One snag with custom orders is the actual transfer of the finished product. Perhaps the folks who are buying your books don't want to go through the extra steps to get them. (Different time zones, etc.)

Either way, your in the biz to sell so be happy you've got customers! UO is not a job, so if you're tired of making books for the week, then you can do something else. Do you drop runes? If you do, that's a signal to the raiders that you have fresh stock, so of course they will all show up and clean you out.

You're never gonna get rid of the folks that raid your vendors to re-sell on theirs, so just price your books high enough to make it worth your while.

One final note on custom orders... be careful what you wish for. When someone shows up and wants 10,000 rune books, what will you do then? In my experience, folks who place custom orders usually want large quantities.

(need more than...)

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for this post

How can I go about obtaining 50 full runebooks with Tram & Fel cities and 50 full rune books with Tram & Fel dungeons? Thats 200 runebooks.
I'll probably regret this.. But I'm curious why you need 50 of the cities/dungeons.