• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moving a house

• Thread starter Sysaro Rakshasa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

Sysaro Rakshasa

If I want to move my house to a different location, do I need to pick everything up first? Or will placing a new house, move my stuff into a moving crate?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, placing a new house won't automatically move the contents.

Place your new house, this will condemn your old house. You will then have 7 days to customize your new house and move all your stuff before your old house falls.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Count yourself lucky:

I bought a large house that I had been after for years and years. It was right next to my mall… and now is part of a whole town. It took me a solid week to move all goods on an army of pack animals. Load after load after load… and it wore me out every day. Almost as bad as moving a real house.

Not too long after… the Commodity deed boxes came out. Talk about HOT! 90% of my moving effort was moving mass stacks of regs, ingots, and leather. All could have been done with a hand full of deeds and a box, requiring nothing more then a bag I could hold myself.

Suggestion:

When I do moves…

Yes… you do have a very limited time to unload the old house, if you are using the same account.

To make the move easier and safer on you, and insure you don’t loose anything… start by making a load of large crates and securing them as containers. Make sure they are 100% secure. Dye them an ugly color you would never want to keep… stack them up in the middle of the floor. This way you can quickly unload and everything is automatically safe. When you just drop and lockdown bags, there is a risk you will miss something. I’ve seen it time and time again.

Then… you are safe to design your new home, work out décor and get back to living. ;) And when you are done with the boxes... get rid of them. That's why you make them ugly! hehe

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tele pads for the WIN...

I always use them now, saves a ton of work..
And hope you were moving to a new location and not trying to resize, because if you try to resize your stuff goes on the ground and is free to pick up..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well if you are willing to be "risky"... I still move my stuff the very old fashion bag ball method...

Super heavy chest... don't want to bother with deeds... can't deed the stuff.... drop it on the ground, pick it up throw it a few tiles ahead, move up pick it up throw it a few tiles ahead... rinse and repeat till all the crap is moved. Major pain but I once moved that way all the way from Yew to over near wrong... one lousy chest at a time. (this of course was WAY before the commodity deed box)...

I rather like the teleport tile idea...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1, 12th year vet reward teleporters are out of reach of most people... and paying for those lousy game code ones... forget it. Recalling works just fine.

2, Any time you put ANYTHING on the ground... ANYONE can pick it up!

It doesn't matter how great or small... I see people blow up all the time because they can't get their mind around the fact that stuff on the ground belongs to anyone... and even in IDOCS, I have stealth hauled away massive bag fulls of loot so no one else can get ahold of them... so saying wieght has any standing is silly.

Lets also not forget that there are people who specialize in sneaking around people's houses to steal things before they can be locked down... and I'm sure they would be very interested in non-securable tactics.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1, 12th year vet reward teleporters are out of reach of most people... and paying for those lousy game code ones... forget it. Recalling works just fine.

2, Any time you put ANYTHING on the ground... ANYONE can pick it up!

It doesn't matter how great or small... I see people blow up all the time because they can't get their mind around the fact that stuff on the ground belongs to anyone... and even in IDOCS, I have stealth hauled away massive bag fulls of loot so no one else can get ahold of them... so saying wieght has any standing is silly.

Lets also not forget that there are people who specialize in sneaking around people's houses to steal things before they can be locked down... and I'm sure they would be very interested in non-securable tactics.

Oh I'm sure they would too ...... but you know what? Today... I'd be surprised to see anyone stealthing around anywhere in Tram. Sure years ago folk did such things.... but you know if you use Detect Hidden in your house it works 100% of the time? And I am aware of the risk of putting stuff on the ground... but even back in the old days it was a risk... but lets be honest here... chances that ANYONE would be paying any attention to what your doing in some remote Inn are next to none. And actually "seeing" other players in 75% of the towns at all is highly unlikely.

Whens the last time anyone purposely went to say .... Nu'Jelm? How about Trinsic? And to an Inn in either of those towns? Not bloody likely to happen.... there are 3 Inns that get a good volume of Traffic.... Luna, Britain and New Haven... outside of those it's highly unlikely anyone will even know you are there before you are done trading items.

I can go to the Inn and bank and back on places like Siege and dozens of other places without ever seeing a single other player.

I've used the Inn in Umbra even.... never saw a soul. You can also use Taverns... Or technically if you have high camping you could use the middle of nowhere.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Atlantic… as with any high populated shard, you constantly see IDOC campers running around. My house, in a town in Yew Tram, constantly dropping runes… yet I see people running in to check house signs, as it seems “automated”. These people run all the populated areas. It's big money! Other shards… it may be different. I know with some, it's like you can place free 18x18s or keeps… even castles. Not on Atlantic, babe. You’re lucky to get a free sandstone size house for free. Plus, like I said… no shortage of troublemakers. It's NOT worth the risk and if you can spend 1k gold to save yourself being robbed… wouldn’t you?

Tracking even at GM (100.0) barely works… Detect Hidden outside Fel? Come-on. hehe

“Whens the last time anyone purposely went to say .... Nu'Jelm? How about Trinsic?”

All the time! Right here! All towns with clear expectation of that new Gargoyle one or the High Seas docks. Most of the time it's on city business, true… but I prefer any bank that is not high populated.

Like I said… it's like these silly people who think it's epic fun to take 1 Million GOLD checks in Luna or Haven and drop them randomly, only to snap them back when they think someone’s about to get them. I have claimed many of free paydays that way. :thumbup: Better safe then sorry.