• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old player returning

G

Gil

Since I just happened to take a peek and see High Seas came out (much to my pleasant surprise), I am DEFINITELY wanting to come back.

I have always loved my t-hunters/fishers, but have a question. I know it's probably been asked to death before, but what templates do you folks find as the most feasible for soloing high level maps?

I also cannot wait to get into the fishing again!! Are there repeatable quests or is it like BoDs for fishing now?

Thanks again, and I can't wait to be out smellin' the salt air again!

(I'm on Atlantic btw if anyone else is and wanna chat in game).

My only regret is I believe my 18x18 dropped with ALL my vet rewards (13 year), and I think soulstones and probably bank checks :( Oh well, gonna have to start over -_-

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I just happened to take a peek and see High Seas came out (much to my pleasant surprise), I am DEFINITELY wanting to come back.

I have always loved my t-hunters/fishers, but have a question. I know it's probably been asked to death before, but what templates do you folks find as the most feasible for soloing high level maps?

I also cannot wait to get into the fishing again!! Are there repeatable quests or is it like BoDs for fishing now?

Thanks again, and I can't wait to be out smellin' the salt air again!

(I'm on Atlantic btw if anyone else is and wanna chat in game).

My only regret is I believe my 18x18 dropped with ALL my vet rewards (13 year), and I think soulstones and probably bank checks :( Oh well, gonna have to start over -_-

Welcome back !!!

I do not play Atlantic, unfortunately, but most likely someone who hangs around this Forum does....

We now have even level 7 Treasure Maps !!

They appear as random loot in level 6 Maps, are quite tough to handle for the spawn, though.

We also have a number of new items as new loot in treasure Maps, you can find details of all that is new on the Stratics section for treasure hunting Treasure Map Quests or on the UOGuide Treasure Map - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia.

Watch out though, now Treasure "Hunting" got back the "hunting" part.........

Meaning, that locations are now randomized and so you'll have to find the actual spot with trial and error and won't be able to just recall to it......

The Guardians now also differ depending on the Map's location.

As in regards to fishing, we now got Fishing Powerscrolls all the way to 120 and they are rewards from Fishing Quests.

We got Shallow Fish, Deep Waters Fish, Dungeon Fish and Crabs and Lobsters (need traps not poles to catch them...) and they are all needed to do the fishing quests.

Fishing Quests consist in an order for various fish to be filled and delivered to a specific location. It appears as a crate in the Hold of the new High Seas ships (Tokuno, Gargoyle or Orc ships...) and the NPCs handling them are called "Fish Mongers".

Getting Powerscrolls ain't easy, though, they require LOTs of patience but that goes without saying when it comes to fishing...........

Welcome back and hope you'll enjoy all of the changes !!!

G

Gil

Just the info I was looking for! Thanks, Popps! I cannot wait to get out of work and download the client again :) I just re-subscribed. Again thank you!

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
welcome back

i am on atl icq me 100785156 and i can help ya out if ya need.

i will also greate a gone fishing channel in chat

and some advice use the EC client and pinco,s mods they k
make life so much easier.

good luck fishing

Anne Bonney