• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Screenshots

W

weiser

Can anyone advise me on the method of taking screenshots?Iam using the 2d client.Thank you for any help you can give.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I do… works anyplace, not just UO… so it's not even a factor what client you use.

Easy stuff:

Up in the right hand area of your keyboard you will see 3 keys in a group. The left-most is “print screen” (Print Scrn/Sysrq). Press it.

Then open your paintbrush.

Go to Edit… then paste.

And BINGO was her name-o. :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said... you don't need any extra program. You already have it. ;)

Everything extra running on your computer, you don't need, slows you down and makes lag and crashes like for EM events... like the mass of players are in 1 place isn't bad enough. hehe

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Female nerds always have fascinated me... but the way you talk Pixy you seem to be quite a lovable freak too :love:

Old school ftw hehe, the one advantage however with the screenshot program is that you can take many while playing without having to go back and forth between paint and UO.

T

Tazar

Or if you use the enhanced client, just hit the "Print Screen" button and the pic is taken and automatically saved on your hard drive. No need for paint or any other program - No need to toggle out of the game while an event is happening - No need to stop. It's just one push of a button - it's as simple as it can be.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or if you use the enhanced client, just hit the "Print Screen" button and the pic is taken and automatically saved on your hard drive. No need for paint or any other program - No need to toggle out of the game while an event is happening - No need to stop. It's just one push of a button - it's as simple as it can be.
In this situation the picture is going to be blurry and people won't really know what's going on. You also sacrifice your ability to pvp so you can take blurry pictures.

T

Tazar

If it is blurry, then your settings are off... and the other method above would be a lot worse to do while PVP'ing.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Female nerds always have fascinated me... but the way you talk Pixy you seem to be quite a lovable freak too :love:
*Looks for the PEPPER SPRAY hot-key*

Here is a sample of 100% old school way of doing things.

A sig I made and don't use... It's my my tamer "Keely Ravenblood" and my best big-dog "A Strawberry Poptart", I think the EM was Nestor... in 5 different screen captures, the old way... and using good ole Paint Brush. It looses a little focus in translation from BMP to GIF or whatever it is... but you get the point. Anything can be done with out another capture program.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it is blurry, then your settings are off... and the other method above would be a lot worse to do while PVP'ing.
It's pretty commonly agreed upon that the enhanced client comes out as blurry. I believe the devs admitted they were even doing some work to fix that issue.

W

weiser

I like to thank everyone for their suggestions and comments.I will be testing them.So far EVIL way works good but slow for more than one but great for TR hunting and it dont effect my ping at all for pvp

T

Tazar

If you pvp in the enhanced client, you're not a mage.
You'd be wrong with that statement. I play a mage 99% of the time and I do PVP some. You have to change your instincts and use macro-set-ups differently, but it does work.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Greenshot - It's a free screen shot program that when you hit print screen lets you choose the area on your screen you'd like to capture.

I then use Windows live photo gallery - There's an option under 'make' to create panoramic photo. You select the photos you wish to use and it combines them.
I generally stay away from Windows stuff but it's free and works well for this purpose.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*dodges sprays*

Whats this... enhanced client ? *rolls behind a tree*

Should I ?

*jumps to save his legs*

Is it eatable ?