• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hi Everyone!

D

DirtglDigger

Greetings, DirtDigger of GL here, I have always wondered what a Treasure Hunter was like so around 4 days ago I took the plunge and made the char
DirtDigger was born and I have worked his skills hard and worked my way through around 50 tmaps from level 1-4 so far. I should be finished with carto trining this evening
so I am hoping to make a dent in the 40 lvl 6 maps i have saved up!!

Just a tip for anyone reading this message that is thinking about making a treasure hunter but hasn't yet... DO IT!!!

I have not used any skill scrolls or anything and in 4 days i have trained my skills to the following level.

Carto 97.4/100
Lockpick 88.9/100
Magery 109/110
Eval 108.6/110
Focus 110
Mystic 95/ 104 (110 with jewels)
Mining 81 / 81

i only have 715 skill points to play with so i chose to go for just 81 mining but to be honest i have done so many maps whilst training I find them 1st/2nd dig anyhow so the 3 tile bonus is working for me.

I will put down my tactics for anyone thinking of making a treasure hunter.

Firstly work up carto and lockpick a bit. what I did was got a arago ettin checst, a paragon cyclopse chest and a paragon titan chest.
if you started with 50 locklpick the ettin chest will take you to around 60 before you pick it, the next to around 70 then about 75-80 the next one. then just do a trip to despise and pick the chests there.

while training carto / lockpick you can also set up macros to train magery and mystic, once you get bored get jewels to bump up keys skills a bit then start doing maps.

a great way to get maps is dar guardians in doom, they drop a 1-3 every time!

for lvl 1-2 the spawn is very easy... for lvl 3/4 it can be a bit tougher. What i do is find the spot, cast a RC then invis once the chests pops. the RC will own the spawn then you just need to pick and loot. keep an RC cast while lootig to deal with spawn.

just do loads of maps and have fun!!!

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dirt, The Dirtster, Digging the Dirt.

I love Treasure Hunting, although I use a bard and easily solo 1-5 with the only problems in a 6 or 7 being the greater Dragon types. I also have the 81 mining with great success and rarely have any problems finding the chest.

Enjoy the fights, actually did a levl 6 last night and the initial spawn was 1 AW, 3 Balrons, 1 little frost dragon, 2 poison Elms and 1 Blood elm, most ever with an initial spawn but was mad fun.

D

DirtglDigger

Dirt, The Dirtster, Digging the Dirt.

I love Treasure Hunting, although I use a bard and easily solo 1-5 with the only problems in a 6 or 7 being the greater Dragon types. I also have the 81 mining with great success and rarely have any problems finding the chest.

Enjoy the fights, actually did a levl 6 last night and the initial spawn was 1 AW, 3 Balrons, 1 little frost dragon, 2 poison Elms and 1 Blood elm, most ever with an initial spawn but was mad fun.
got to love a full spawn, pree chest spawn can really boost the loot value! loving level 6 maps, only problem i have is in ilsh with the exodus minions, they love dispelling my RC's but i can kill them with magery alone fairly easy!

I am going to post my treasure haul at the end of the week with a weeks worth of 1-6 maps from 50 skill to GM. I have worked out that already I have several millions worth of loot!

DirtDigger, Digging the Dirt, handing out hurt, then back to work!

Zapphod

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, DirtDigger of GL here, I have always wondered what a Treasure Hunter was like so around 4 days ago I took the plunge and made the char
DirtDigger was born and I have worked his skills hard and worked my way through around 50 tmaps from level 1-4 so far. I should be finished with carto trining this evening
so I am hoping to make a dent in the 40 lvl 6 maps i have saved up!!

Just a tip for anyone reading this message that is thinking about making a treasure hunter but hasn't yet... DO IT!!!

I have not used any skill scrolls or anything and in 4 days i have trained my skills to the following level.

Carto 97.4/100
Lockpick 88.9/100
Magery 109/110
Eval 108.6/110
Focus 110
Mystic 95/ 104 (110 with jewels)
Mining 81 / 81

i only have 715 skill points to play with so i chose to go for just 81 mining but to be honest i have done so many maps whilst training I find them 1st/2nd dig anyhow so the 3 tile bonus is working for me.

I will put down my tactics for anyone thinking of making a treasure hunter.

Firstly work up carto and lockpick a bit. what I did was got a arago ettin checst, a paragon cyclopse chest and a paragon titan chest.
if you started with 50 locklpick the ettin chest will take you to around 60 before you pick it, the next to around 70 then about 75-80 the next one. then just do a trip to despise and pick the chests there.

while training carto / lockpick you can also set up macros to train magery and mystic, once you get bored get jewels to bump up keys skills a bit then start doing maps.

a great way to get maps is dar guardians in doom, they drop a 1-3 every time!

for lvl 1-2 the spawn is very easy... for lvl 3/4 it can be a bit tougher. What i do is find the spot, cast a RC then invis once the chests pops. the RC will own the spawn then you just need to pick and loot. keep an RC cast while lootig to deal with spawn.

just do loads of maps and have fun!!!
If you get Jacobs Pickaxe you will have 90 mining.

:)

I have gone with:
120 Focus
120 Mystic
115 Magery (lifted this because I had a Lost Tome of Knowledge)
100 Cart
100 Lockpicking
100 Eval
100 Mining