• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Woodland armor

• Thread starter Macrophage999
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
M

Macrophage999

I am in the process of crafting a new woodland armor.
I am making parts with basic (minimum) resists in fire and energy. In a few hours of crafting I have got 6 of those items (actually really close to, ie 4/3 or 5/2 etc.). I then processed to enhance them to heartwood hopeful to get HCI. Out of those 6 items, I broke absolutely all...
Did they decrease the chance to enhance so we buy those forged metal artifacts? (which isnt relevant to me since HCI is random).

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am in the process of crafting a new woodland armor.
I am making parts with basic (minimum) resists in fire and energy. In a few hours of crafting I have got 6 of those items (actually really close to, ie 4/3 or 5/2 etc.). I then processed to enhance them to heartwood hopeful to get HCI. Out of those 6 items, I broke absolutely all...
Did they decrease the chance to enhance so we buy those forged metal artifacts? (which isnt relevant to me since HCI is random).
If you make them from wood then enhance to heartwood I suggest you make them from heartwood directly....saves you the pain of breaking them with the downside of using heartwood....unless you want to imbue and then enhance ....in order not to break the parts people use the forged metal tool....BUT you still have to beat the RNG to get HCI, if I recall correctly there are 7 mods which can fall on your armor:

Luck 40, Durability 50%, Lower Requirements 20%, Damage Increase 10%, Lower Weight 50%, Hit Chance Increase 5%, Mage Armor...

Personally I think there is nothing more frustrating then having the perfect resist spread on a piece and then breaking it while enhancing....

M

Macrophage999

You are perfectly right there is nothing more frustrating than breaking on enhance the perfect piece, and even more when it seems a no go (6 breaks out of 6 tries). I did that to save the heartwood since it s fairly hard to get while plain wood is everywhere. I wonder how people enhanced anything prior to forged metal when I cant even enhance a single wooden piece that has yet to be imbued...

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
check the resist spread on heartwood, could be that the resists other then fire and energy are already high since you look for a low spread in your pieces....if they are this could lead to further chances of breaking.....therefore better use heartwood :)