• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] how to get Bulk Order Deed that has large orders?

E

Etoh

i've been trying for a week and keep getting small orders... i filled the first few but later just collected the BODs without actually filling them... does this make any difference?

also, does your skill matter when getting BODs? i am GM blacksmithy 120...

lastly, is there a way to get the BODs quicker without actually filling the order?

thanks!
Etoh

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if you are trying for the high end orders you want 120 bs for the best chance to get them
at that level its about 6 hours to get each one but if you fill say a small one and turn it in you can get another one right away and then can ask for another
so what most of us do is fill a bunch of the low ones we dont need like weapons and then turn one in then ask for one then turn one in and ask for one
you can do this till you run out of filled ones
hope that makes sense

E

Etoh

if you are trying for the high end orders you want 120 bs for the best chance to get them
at that level its about 6 hours to get each one but if you fill say a small one and turn it in you can get another one right away and then can ask for another
so what most of us do is fill a bunch of the low ones we dont need like weapons and then turn one in then ask for one then turn one in and ask for one
you can do this till you run out of filled ones
hope that makes sense
oh... so you mean it makes a difference to turn in multiple small BODs together? (versus getting a small BOD, filling it, turning it in, asking for next small BOD, fill that one in, turn it in, and repeat...)

in other words, are you suggesting to collect a bunch of small BODs, fill them all, then go to blacksmith and turn them all in at same time, so if i turn in 10 small BODs i would end up with a new set of 10 BODs?

thanks,
Etoh

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh... so you mean it makes a difference to turn in multiple small BODs together? (versus getting a small BOD, filling it, turning it in, asking for next small BOD, fill that one in, turn it in, and repeat...)

in other words, are you suggesting to collect a bunch of small BODs, fill them all, then go to blacksmith and turn them all in at same time, so if i turn in 10 small BODs i would end up with a new set of 10 BODs?

thanks,
Etoh
If the it's been long enough time from your last bod collection then collect one before you turn them in and you end up with 11 after turning in 10. I also bring some gold and for normal weapons BODs I buy the items to fill the bod from the Blacksmith and then turn that one back in again imediately. Saves time and unless you want to fill the normal weapions and you might want to fill the six part normal weapon LBOD to get a chance for powder however if you don't then it changes a recycling bod for one that hopefully would be a keeper.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

thanks,
Etoh
the simple answer is take as many completed smalls you have turn in the first one then get a new bod turn in second bod get a new one -- repeat

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IIRC, you used to play up to around the time of the AoS release, and are a recent returnee to UO.

The ability to "Cycle" BODs (turn in one and immediately request a new BOD, from the timer being reset), has been active six years now (march 2005), and it radically changed the complexion of BODs when it occurred. Hammer prices dropped, and a lot of people who used to have multiple smiths (and had smiths on every shard getting BODs to trade there for ones on their home), closing those extra accounts.

Another change, a little later, made it to where the amount of iron armor BODs drops significantly at 110, and again at 120.
GM: 50% weapons, 25% iron armor/shields/helms, 25% colored armor/shield/helms
110 skill: 50% weapons, 15% iron armor, etc., 35% colored
120 skill: 50% weapons, 5% iron armor, 45% colored

Large BODs are only 8% of all BODs, and only 13 of the 24 armor BODs (including helms & shields) fit larges. None of the shields, the female plate. and all the helms other than plate, have larges, so you turn them in as smalls.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it is not already mentioned in this thread ...
To get small iron bods faster, you can give/train/buy 0.1 blacksmithing to any of your chars. That way each of those chars can get a junk iron bod every hour. Fill them with your trained smith and have a chance for a higher quality bod, when you get a new bod after turning in the junk one.

E

Etoh

Since it is not already mentioned in this thread ...
To get small iron bods faster, you can give/train/buy 0.1 blacksmithing to any of your chars. That way each of those chars can get a junk iron bod every hour. Fill them with your trained smith and have a chance for a higher quality bod, when you get a new bod after turning in the junk one.
that is a great tip! thanks!! ... i wish they allowed more character slots... like 20 characters would be nice. with so many skills there's just not enough character slots.

Etoh