• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rubble Fireplace

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am kinda a closet decorator. I do enjoy decorating. But the mood has to strike me. I was befuddled what to do with my rubble since I could make whatever I wanted with regular walls. Almost sold them. But the hoarder in me wouldn't let me. So when my friend gave me a keep I found the rubble to be useful finally!

The fireplace is a bit big, but smaller just looked off.

If this post is in wrong spot, please move it. :)

Gidge

Attachments

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks realy good, i would change the mantle color to something lighter then black, but thats just me.

Good idea also...

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mantle was an issue for me. I went through every color of the dye tub. Nothing went with the red lady and contrasted good with the dark creaminess of the rubble. Bloodwood was the only wood that seems to work for me. I would love to have the mantle the same color as the bookcases.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's kind of funny… you just don’t see anyone actually using rubble walls and such to build anything in their houses. Nothing better then a classic house to do this in. I used some rubble to hide the upper part of the Heritage Token fire place that was sticking out of my roof. A huge pain in the backside.

I’m sorry to say I’m not a big fan of these old design fireplaces… but I think the “fire” area could be “brightened up” a little. There are also these broken board looking debris trap parts that you could use. Not sure where they come from, but the SA massive dungeon maybe. “Floor Trap Components”. I don’t know… just a suggestion. ;)

L

longshanks

u could always use the 6th year low brazier reward in a bag. the brazier is hidden and u get the fire.

or goto a rares dealer and buy the rubble fire. that is my favorite item in the game.

L

longshanks

i also saw a nice fire recreation consisting of ore, a communication crystal, gold topped with kindling.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u could always use the 6th year low brazier reward in a bag. the brazier is hidden and u get the fire.
Those fires are the BEST! Just a shame they are so hard to get a hold of.

I forget exactly what it was, but this one house had what looked like an alter set up… with rows of seats. Some of those short stairs at the front, with a fire sitting in the middle. It hid the fact there was a brazier under the gaza mat. I believe that’s what it was. I was sure it was that extremely rare rubble fire until I check it out.

What I’d love to see in this new “Spring Cleaning 2011” (if we ever get it) is sections of fire fields that can be locked down and used for décor. OR even the smaller camp fire fires. That would be so useful for decorating ideas such as these old school fireplaces, forges, and even… campfires. ;) A fire friend would be great for ruined houses or even haunted themes.

S

soulstoner

I'd muddled up some odd rubble pieces into an outdoor cooking fire pit with the brazier and gold snake plant for flame simulation :p