• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Strange ingots?

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found a bunch of ingots at an idoc. They are colored: shadow,bronze, gold, dull copper but just say ingots with no ore type listing. They don't stack with normal ingots.

any clue where these came from or what they might be worth?

J

Jasonleebeck

They are likely old NPC armor that was bought and smelted. Collectors often pay up to 100's of K for a few if it contributes to their collection.

Pictures?

J

Jasonleebeck

Now I question my own post seeing the pictures. The odds of having what exactly appears to look like today's ingot colors from several years ago would be quite astronomical. I'd venture to say they are 'bugged' in the sense they were player created through a commonly known exploit. If you can't craft something with them, then they are the bugged ones. Try a pair of tongs or a dagger.

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I question my own post seeing the pictures. The odds of having what exactly appears to look like today's ingot colors from several years ago would be quite astronomical. I'd venture to say they are 'bugged' in the sense they were player created through a commonly known exploit. If you can't craft something with them, then they are the bugged ones. Try a pair of tongs or a dagger.
Hi, I tried what you said and sucessfully made a pair of thongs. i know some ingots where made from smelting ranger armor and coal - is this a possibility? Thanks

Lord Essex

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ranger armor shows up as a dark green color, same as the amor.. Those ingots were from back in the day when npc vendors would sell iron armor and they'd be slightly different shades, you could smelt em and get back different color ingots that were still iron.. I wouldn't use them they are deff worth something to the right person.. Specially in those kindas of quanities

Respectfully,
Essex

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there tehfloof,

I think your ingots are npc ingots.
If you want to know what exactly they are just invite me so I can make a pic.
:thumbup1:

If you have a pair that I don't have I will pay ALOT for that pair.

Regards
The Scandinavian

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for all the information! It's always fun when you find something unique like that. Exactly how long ago where you able to do this?

BTW, I'm on Atlantic and would be willing to sell some of them.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,
they are not in anyway unique.People of UO have always collected all crap they can find.

Value of npc ingots is normally in the range of 500k-2m per pair.

I have 25 of 30 colours.

Regards
The Scandinavian

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,
they are not in anyway unique.People of UO have always collected all crap they can find.

Value of npc ingots is normally in the range of 500k-2m per pair.

I have 25 of 30 colours.

Regards
The Scandinavian
Maybe unique isn't the right word, but they are cool, something I'm sure you dont find every day. :)

Lord Essex

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The originally started when there was only one land.. no fel/tram.. but I believe this continued on into the early part of tram before it was eliminated.

Respectfully,
Essex

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

my memory is not the best around.
But the key to this is the new blacksmith menu that was introduced around AOS.

Before you used whatever ingot you had in backpack,if you had more than one colour you got a cursor to choose the pile you wanted.Actually it is working like this for clothes for tailors.

Now you can only make smith items with the colours stated in the list,same goes for smelting.

But if you are using a tinker,making thongs for instance, you will use whatever ingot you have in your backpack...at least one guy from shard of the braves have lost rare ingots this way.

Regards
The Scandinavian