• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Most populated shard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone needs to sticky a thread with the title "ATLANTIC IS THE BIGGEST, MOST POPULOUS SHARD," because I am tired of seeing this thread once a week.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Someone needs to sticky a thread with the title "ATLANTIC IS THE BIGGEST, MOST POPULOUS SHARD," because I am tired of seeing this thread once a week.
The guy yesterday. Give him a break.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
amen, GL is probably number 2, though i hear certain asian shards are very popular as well

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The magincia lotto proved GL and Atlantic pretty much ''even steven'' in numbers on the shard. numbers !!!!!!....and yes some japanese shards aint far behind.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone interested in giving GL a try?

Here is my offer:

Provide me with 5 mil in gold on your shard and a 'good' imbued suit of leather:

100 max dur all 6 pieces
LRC 100% (18 per piece and 10 on the last piece)
Mana 42 (mana 7 per piece)
MR 1 per piece (no seeds)
80/70/70/70/75 Resist
That is doable if you know what you are doing with imbuing.

Full Necro Book, Full Spellbook, -29 Wand
Swords of Prosperity

I will provide you with the same on Great Lakes.

PM me with your ICQ and we can discuss.

T

Tazar

The magincia lotto proved GL and Atlantic pretty much ''even steven'' in numbers on the shard. numbers !!!!!!....and yes some japanese shards aint far behind.
What does gold spent on a lotto have to do with shard populations?

There was a developer statement a while back that Atlantic was the largest shard by a good margin.

When I log in with the enhanced client (several times per day and night) the EC rates shard population by Low, Medium, and High. Atlantic is the only shard that I ever see listed as "High" - and it is listed as high day or night. GL is always "Medium".

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What does gold spent on a lotto have to do with shard populations?

There was a developer statement a while back that Atlantic was the largest shard by a good margin.

When I log in with the enhanced client (several times per day and night) the EC rates shard population by Low, Medium, and High. Atlantic is the only shard that I ever see listed as "High" - and it is listed as high day or night. GL is always "Medium".
If you look at the active population you figure that most folk DID enter the lotto for a Northern plot... that's one ticket per account..... so if you knew the number of votes the most popular northern plot got you can pretty much average the number of "active" player accounts.

I'm guessing that most folk did enter for a plot and it's my guess that there were probably about 15% who didn't enter... the rest of the shard population is non-active.

T

Tazar

I prefer a little more accuracy in statistics and will stick with the developers word and the systems count of logged in accounts.

Your method of reviewing northern plots might come close, but it could also be way off depending on assumptions such as the real percentage of accounts who participated (who'd give up a castle for a 15x15?); it also does not take into account the number of speculators that bought tickets on shards that they do not play hoping to make a profit upon resale.

S

Shakkar

I tryed for no plots on gl or atl in north. and hands down atlantic is the largest. with great lakes 2nd. however more old money is on great lakes making it probably the richest shard.followed by atlantic.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give the new person a break. He might not know the answer ....

#1 Atlantic -The most stuffed shard of stolen characters from all over UO.. They mega
campaigned to get players from every shard that had a breathing player on it!
#2 Great lakes
#3* Chessy - at times this shard is so packed you need a butter knife to get in luna..

Hokuto (before the eq knocked them for a loop!) Hint dont look in luna try new haven!

Catskills best kept secret horde of players in UO they hiding all over the place if you
know where to look.

Lake Superior - always a nice size croud all over the place!

*tied in my opinion as i have seen big crouds on all 4 and then barren at times as well.

#7 Napa - surprisingly alot of players dont hibernate in luna bank but work their accounts

#8 Sonoma and Baja - can be very busy but they both suffered greatly from the Atlantic
culling that still happens from time to time.
@@@@@@****Any shard not on this list - forgive me, I know your worth mentioning here but i do feel for the reader too and this is getitng long in the tooth!!***@@@@@

***Siege Perilous**** the Ugly step child of UO...(NOT!) Here the players are great and are not as bad as the press makes them out to be. Though there are jerks who keep the stigma of the horrors of Siege going on, holding new people from trying it out. Honestly I have walked over the whole shard at times and not found a single player there! If you feel you can handle a way different world then the rest of the shards come to Siege, be a member of the rare breed of UO players. (ask Petra, Tazar, Kelmo... all avid players of Seige..hehe me too)
Lastly to all smile kiddos !!!
I am happy to tell you that we are getting new players and returning players is a fact!!! I am proud to crow about this. You will be welcome any shard you stop on, and I know the players of UO to be good people. (we all have our bad eggs but the good outweigh the bad)

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa: Lot's of players here, a great community and a great roleplaying community to boot and a HEALTHY economy, vendor malls ALL OVER and you won't find anywhere else with better prices! Also, did I mention we have one of the most thriving RP communities? :thumbsup:

Haruchai

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa: Lot's of players here, a great community and a great roleplaying community to boot and a HEALTHY economy, vendor malls ALL OVER and you won't find anywhere else with better prices! Also, did I mention we have one of the most thriving RP communities? :thumbsup:
Whilst Europa still has a good role-playing community, I'm not so sure about the general population. Our shard used to show up regularly as second or third most populated, but from a purely personal observation, numbers have crashed over the last six months or so.

Several big RP guilds appear to have closed or fallen dormant (Vesper being the most obvious, but I don't even see the presence of GRD much these days, and I could always count on having my taxes demanded in days of yore).

Many of the big and reliable stores have next to nothing on most of the vendors, and whilst I rarely visit Luna, I had cause the other day and at least half to two thirds of those vendors are unstocked. My vendor rune-book now has only three shops left in it that one can count on.

There are certainly some brave attempts to re-invigorate the RP life of the shard (orcs are back!) but it seems very, very quiet to me. Perhaps I'm missing something - the shard does show up as Medium on the list, and I don't frequent much bar the old lands so the newer dungeons may well be packed.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which do you think it is?
AOL Legends used to be the most populated AOL-user based shard in UO. We didn't need no stinking DSL back then ;D.

Okay, but yeah, all you need to do is log into Atlantic or Great Lakes and you'll see why they are the #1 and #2. Atlantic is like how it used to be on every shard ten years ago. GL has a lot, but not quite Atlantic.

Ches used to be one of the best PvP shards, had a decent population but then a lot of the PvPers began to move around once character transfers were introduced. Seems like GL is the place to PvP right now, but I'm not sure.

Mr. Jamison

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Does this include siege?
Anyone interested in giving GL a try?

Here is my offer:

Provide me with 5 mil in gold on your shard and a 'good' imbued suit of leather:

100 max dur all 6 pieces
LRC 100% (18 per piece and 10 on the last piece)
Mana 42 (mana 7 per piece)
MR 1 per piece (no seeds)
80/70/70/70/75 Resist
That is doable if you know what you are doing with imbuing.

Full Necro Book, Full Spellbook, -29 Wand
Swords of Prosperity

I will provide you with the same on Great Lakes.

PM me with your ICQ and we can discuss.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege is sure worth a try, look at the inviting in my signatur

Status
Not open for further replies.