• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Idea for the galleons..

T

Tulatheone

So i have an idea for an addition to the galleons.. Am out fishing alot (Mibs and nets mostly)

So my galleon quickly gets all covered with unwanted fish, boots, shoes and chets i dont want (Tree chests)

Why not add a trash bin to the galleons? So we dont have to wait XX hours before things dissapear? Yes i know i can use the Cargo Hold but i stash what i wanna keep in there, decoes, gold, fishing arties and what not..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The best solution is to tame a goat and take it fishing with you. They eat everything.

Yes, I'm serious.

T

Tulatheone

lol so what do i do? All eat command or what?

Oh and on another topic: Is anyone else experiencing that their ship is completly stuck in the middle of the ocean? Cause its the second time my ship wont move in any direction what so ever :D

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a 2 legged blue goat: slap on Spirit talisman, open +11 necro spellbook, and equip +26 to +30 Necro/ss jewels then cast Horde Minion. Walk around the deck until your hordie is full, then dismiss him and cast another, or revert to your Fisher dud...

He won't pick up alot of the litter on his own, but you can drop it "on" him.

All my active chars carry an "instant" necro kit - never know when you will need a packie:) My fisher uses one to pick up the overweigh stock fish that drops to deck or ground. They especially nice for vacuming up the "golden shower" when the Champ dies:)

B

Beastmaster

I use serpents corpses to utilize trash.
Since when?

Ever since High Seas came out I have been unable to add items to a serpent's corpse. I can't even move an item inside it's corpse without it becoming permanently stuck to my cursor until I drop it somewhere else besides the corpse.

T

Tazar

It seems that the classic client really can't use the Serpent's Corpses as a trash can, but the enhanced client can.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In CC, serpent corpses make fine trash receptacles if you are on the tile immediately next to them. Get closer?!? Drop discards into the opened casket if it isn't public yet.

T

Trash Collector

I use serpents corpses to utilize trash.
You rang?

:D

I'm using CC and I dump all the crap into serpent's corpses. Just easier than decorating the deck with all of it.

FYI, getting a boat stuck on nothing is most likely crap on your deck that shifted off. I had it happen with my 2nd fisher (around 75 fishing skill) when I decorated the deck with shoes (no serps to put them in).

Also, with my 2nd fisher still gaining, I have to say he gets more shoes than my 110 fisher. Yay!

T

Trixrnt4kids

Or maybe a server line, or ship on the other side of a server line.

I use serp corpses too, you just have to move the ship until your on top of them.

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since when?

Ever since High Seas came out I have been unable to add items to a serpent's corpse. I can't even move an item inside it's corpse without it becoming permanently stuck to my cursor until I drop it somewhere else besides the corpse.

Right one / left one and you can dump on the corps in CC. I do it all the time.