• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mobile Apps for EVE Online

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I recently upgraded my hopelessly indestructible Nokia for a HTC Incredible and what better opportunity than to test out some of the availble apps that we have out there?

Of course this wouldn't be too much of a review if Dracokyaku hadn't mentioned it during an IRC chat session today as he really provided the idea so he really deserves some credit :eek:

Which apps do you use for EVE? What experiences have you made? Which would you like to see reviewed?

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Vince,

Look forward to see what other mobile apps crop up in the EVE community. At GameXbar, I'm working on native mobile apps of all of the GXB browser apps... including the EVEXbar.

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I've not heard of Gamexbar yet, sounds like there may be enough material for a followup review? ^^

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well a review for an EVEXbar mobile app would be premature, it's not even ready for a beta... still in development. The EVEXbar browser app (for IE, Firefox & Chrome) has been out for a few years now.

GXB has been around since 2005 building browser apps for MMOs, an app for each community... DAoC, LOTRO, UO, WAR, WoW, etc. Mobile apps from GXB are just getting into development. Any you would like to know for a review or even just info... please feel free to contact me.

D

dracokyaku

Of course this wouldn't be too much of a review if Dracokyaku hadn't mentioned it during an IRC chat session today as he really provided the idea so he really deserves some credit :eek:
/TakesCredit

Hi Eve fans!

*Runs off*

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I've completed the writeup on "Aura" and will be continuing to look at other apps.

I've gotten a few hints at awesome apps that can help improve the EVE Offline experience and will be taking a closer look at those this week :)

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Interesting turn of events!

I've secured an interview with a developer that is working on a new mobile app for EVE Online. Should spice up this feature quite a bit!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Nicely done, sir.

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Due to the popularity of this review I thought it was time for a followup review to make sure that everything is still up to date.

Any ideas for new or different apps that I can take a look at?

A

AriDaran

Hi Vince

Well i use Dusk for iOS. Theres quite a few for EvE on iOS however few have been updated for crucible. Dusk and flysafe are up to date but iClone isn't.

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi Vince

Well i use Dusk for iOS. Theres quite a few for EvE on iOS however few have been updated for crucible. Dusk and flysafe are up to date but iClone isn't.
Thanks very muchly, AriDaran.

I use an android platform myself, so Im unable to make reviews for the iPhone/iPad/iWhatnot but I've noticed that the bulk of our mobile readers on EVE Stratics! is using an iPhone to access the site.

Do you feel like helping out with a proper review of the apps you mentioned?