• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The Restless Bones of Theodore

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a friend

I have seen an item or two with the name "The Restless Bones of (Random Name Here)" that are just like the ones you are supposed to drop off at their respective graves for a soul gem (or the bleed resistance bonus). It looks like the grizzled bones item, but it was found at the primeval lich spawn. These items, however, do not have a countdown timer for expiration, they are permanent deco pieces. Are these items just very rare drops? Are they exploits? If someone could help explain that would be great! I have seen them sold for anywhere between 15-25mil and want to know if this item is worth it as a rare deco piece or if it is an illegitimate item. Appreciate the help and get ready for rares fest on Lake Superior!

- a friend

F

Fraggles

Im not sure if this is correct but this is what i learned recently. I guess they are suppose to be turned in or somthing as part of a quest but there is some sort of expoit, i wont speculate here on how...and the timer will be removed from the item using the expliot. If you notice the bones are only 1 stone...thats usally a good way to tell that it is a expliot item from what i have been told

A

a friend

Is there any problem / legal in game issue with owning an exploit item? since it is kinda rare and cool, will i be penalized in some way for owning it?

F

Fraggles

i know it was somwhere on stratics that i read about it and they said it was going to be fixed, not sure if you can get in trouble..ill try to find that thread

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are truly interested in the legality of the item I suggest paging a GM to find out.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have seen an item or two with the name "The Restless Bones of (Random Name Here)" that are just like the ones you are supposed to drop off at their respective graves for a soul gem (or the bleed resistance bonus). It looks like the grizzled bones item, but it was found at the primeval lich spawn. These items, however, do not have a countdown timer for expiration, they are permanent deco pieces. Are these items just very rare drops? Are they exploits? If someone could help explain that would be great! I have seen them sold for anywhere between 15-25mil and want to know if this item is worth it as a rare deco piece or if it is an illegitimate item. Appreciate the help and get ready for rares fest on Lake Superior!

- a friend
To be clear this is a quest item that someone has figured out how to remove the timer from. I've never seen them sell for more than 50k period. Its like a player craftable, if they can remove the timer once they'll do it again and again and again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.