• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Gravewater Lake

K

King Durango

Is there a spot to place a boat in Gravewater Lake, just south of Umbra? I haven't been able to find one and I did the tour of the waterfront. If there is no spot than would the Holy Mackerel fish be something you would fish up via shore-side casting only? I have some bait and wouldn't mind trying my hand at fishing this one up.

T

Tazar

Boats are not allowed in Malas so I assume that shore fishing would have to be the way.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I've caught quite a few of these. We use the holy mackeral pies for initial spawn on treasure maps. Fish from shore.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got rare/special fishes from shore in Malas, Illshenar and Ter-Mur.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We use the holy mackeral pies for initial spawn on treasure maps.

Just curious, how can a few more points in Mana Regen, for 5 minutes, help that much with the starting spawn of a Treasure map ?

I think the boost is 3 MR. Sure, everything helps, but I would imagine that also without this little boost it would still be possible to fight the spawn....

If so, that is if the magic pie boost is not a "determining" factor in being able to fight the treasure map initial spawn (i.e. without the pie the spawn can be dealt with just the same or, if not the same, at least likewise succesfully, even though with a little more effort....) why then go through the bother of catching the fish and making the pies ?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. I have a fisherman and a cook, therefore catching the fish and making the pies is not a 'bother'
2. Sure I could get there eventually, but I fight the spawn with summoned EVs and earth eles so I can often run out of mana only on the initial spawn. Terry has a similar problem.