• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

lenmir anfinmotas? Access on your shard?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics has a request to compile information on how to access the area

UO Stratics - Grand Sosarian Atlas - Lenmir Anfinmotas

While it has been utilised by many EMs, only a few have left it publicly accessible. I've done my best, this is what I have so far. Can you help?

Atlantic: Via cannon from Montor

Baja: Two entrances, by cannon from Mistas and by sparkle from the gypsy camp.

Catskills: By moongate from the desert gypsy camp

Chesapeake: Not Accessible (thank you Lord Gareth)

Drachenfels: Not Accessible (thank you Claire)

Europa: Not Accessible

Great Lakes: Not Accessible (thank you Martyna)

Lake Austin: Unknown

Lake Superior: Not Accessible (thank you Crysta)

Legends: By Golden Gate at the Gypsy Camp Corral (thank you DevilsOwn)

Napa Valley: Not Accessible (thank you Snakeman)

Oceania: Unknown

Origin: Unknown

Pacific: Not Accessible

Siege Perilous: By password at the dragon statue, Spirituality gate

Sonoma: Unknown

*coughs* Please excuse the lack of colour in a couple of the pics, the spots were a bit hard to get to with the chars I had.

S

Shinobi

Is that the name? I named it Thieves' Paradise on Atlantic. Me and my guild would have thief events there, and frolic up and down the beach. That place is a secret, no one is supposed to know. Don't click that cannon on Atlantic, there's nothing to see...

Claire Repair

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drachenfels:
It used to be accesible by saying "Fair winds Sosaria" at a sunken ship north of Meer city. Was unfortunately disabled last year.

/Claire

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Completely inaccessible on LS. Glamdring liked to use it for fishing contests before he was fired and so it was left naturally unreachable.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The last I knew on Chessy that area is accessible by a password which I do not remember. The password needed to be said to an EM placed NPC southwest of the gypsy camp in the desert.

WildStar

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need help with the Napa one, I have the info, but can't locate the mentioned volcano.

Edit, found the spot, but on a newbie char with no armor, I don't have a prayer of teleporting in to where the statue is.

S

Sevin0oo0

Since the area is available on Most shards, IMO, it should be avail to All. Since I pay the same as others, I feel a little cheated. To the OP, great post! Areas in the game some will never be able to see now unveiled. Kinda like a Geraldo Rivera mystery.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Lenmir used to be accessible on Pacific, but they began removing password teleporters. I have a document here with these secret teleporters and their passwords and very few of them work anymore. =(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the passwords for events that were common to all shards no longer work - like the ones in wisp dungeon etc. some of the shard-specific EM ones still do.
Unfortunately my untrained character in npc bought leather armor was no match for the imps guarding the path on Napa and since the last part requires the char to teleport there was no way I could complete the journey as a ghost.

Claire Repair

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and even worse, some of the old Secret spots were made inaccessible with patches last year. (e.g. the room under Shame gazers).

I hold a secret spot library on Drachs and saw a lot of spots vanishing. :( Dunno why, they are doin that.

One of the last with password is the Pirat Cave in Heaven. (Plunder)

One of my last "real" rares is Trinsic Tinkers guild 2nd floor. Most others are gone.
*sigh*

/Claire

R

RavenWinterHawk

What is this place and why is it important?
Is there something to do there?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, it's just a beach. But we had a request, could Stratics please compile information as to how to travel there on each shard. I replied that I'd try.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still hoping for info on Lake Austin, Oceania and Origin. Anyone?

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drachenfels: double click the statue beside the shrine left of the compassion moongate

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am SO SO glad to see you are still here. I went to your Profile Page and saw the post you made saying "Gone" and thought no way she would just leave without some word. I also went to your web site (Home Page) on your Profile Page, TY that is a lot, I mean a lot of information you have there and is very easy to navigate. It is now at the top of my Favs for UO.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to rain on anyone's parade but this is night of the living thread. Seriously this is four years old. I am however sure that Petra would appreciate the comments so why don't we give her a shout out.

@Petra Fyde

Thanks for all the work you have done and continue to do for UO and the community.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well some folk seem to be beyond exceptional when it comes to resurrecting ancient posts. I'm guessing they are working to gain their skill to Legendary... I'm sure it takes much more than GM skill to resurrect posts so old... I just don't see the logic in it.

I will say however that I think it's a shame that many shards are losing special area's.... and even sadder that many are getting forgotten by those who live there .... because some like myself keep the secrets to themselves... and when I leave they will go with me I suppose.

I often wonder how many shards have lost the access to many area's because no one remembers them anymore. Like the secret word in the sewers under Britain to get into the really nasty parts of the sewer. Or the hidden pirate caves unique to each shard... some only accessible by password ..... others hidden by locations long forgotten.

Petra was putting together a library of such area's... which should be commended. Much as I like to keep the secrets secret... I'd be sad if they were forgotten completely.

So much history and wonder has been lost to the ages... Museums long forgotten and destroyed, landmarks uprooted... Seer touched places long fogotten... falling into obscurity... rare is the person who recalls them. Memories that fade away... lost as the world slowly dies.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And now that beach is accessible to anyone, thanks to the current Dev team :cheerleader:

Ask and ye shall receive....just a thought :)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Completely inaccessible on LS. Glamdring liked to use it for fishing contests before he was fired and so it was left naturally unreachable.
It's accessible on LS, dragon statue one screen south/west of Compassion moongate (dbl click the statue), you teleport to the beach.
Lenmir Anfinmotas.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And now that beach is accessible to anyone, thanks to the current Dev team :cheerleader:

Ask and ye shall receive....just a thought :)
NO I don't think so. Never has been on GL's. Far as I know it still isn't.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
NO I don't think so. Never has been on GL's. Far as I know it still isn't.
See image above...also...compassion moongate...just to the SW...

Double-click on the dragon statue...

The Devs put those there awhile back after people were complaining that Sudiva was lonely and we couldn't visit her anymore.

So now we can! :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well thank you for letting me know because I complained about it quite a bit when they stuck her out there. Poor dear.

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cmon now I know we are small but Sonoma does deserve to be on the list of shards!!! oops I found it (hidden at the bottom)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok necroing this thread... Anyone know how to access this location on EU? Got 6 maps in the area...

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok necroing this thread... Anyone know how to access this location on EU? Got 6 maps in the area...
As described in this thread above, Double click on the dragon statue to the SW of Compassion gate in Ilshenar. Works for me.