• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Chesapeake Rares Festival Auction House Ending Time

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just so everyone knows, Bids will be taken via the bulletin boards until 5:59 pm eastern time on Sunday January 30th. This means that the last bid you can enter is at 5:59, once it hits 6:00, no bids from that time and on will count, the auction house will be made private at this point in time as well.

F

Fraggles

sounds good. But i think on future fests that the auction maybe could end on saterday? i dont know about other people that have items in the auction but i know i wont have hardly any gold to spend until sunday when my items from the auction sell. So maybe next time it could end saterday evening and then sunday would be a leisure day of shopping and talking? just a suggestion. this rares fest is going great and i am having a blast even without doing alot of shopping...i just ask everyone to save some items for me on sunday! lol j/k

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds good. But i think on future fests that the auction maybe could end on saterday? i dont know about other people that have items in the auction but i know i wont have hardly any gold to spend until sunday when my items from the auction sell. So maybe next time it could end saterday evening and then sunday would be a leisure day of shopping and talking? just a suggestion. this rares fest is going great and i am having a blast even without doing alot of shopping...i just ask everyone to save some items for me on sunday! lol j/k
That is a valid point. Maybe it deserves some discussion?

F

Fraggles

Would it be to late to change the time to saterday? im thinking it probably is to late but worth asking about. And it should be changes at the next festival.
So what are other peoples ideas on this??

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is a play scheduled for saturday and the SHE guild auction already, plus i wouldn't be able to stay up too late saturday night to sell things for everyone since i work early in the morning, next time we'll plan it better but theres only a few days left to bid as is so kinda hard to change it without events conflicting

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love the way the auctions have been run so far, its been absolutely fantastic. Think of how much gold has come out of it so far and not a single gold coin going to Demonous, Lineman and the rest of the auction house staff. Your hard work has hopefully been recognized by everyone that has participated.

That being said the only thing I would change is add some sort of 5 or 10 minute rule to keep out the snipe bids, there's nothing worse than getting outbid by 1 mill :(.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
sounds good. But i think on future fests that the auction maybe could end on saterday? i dont know about other people that have items in the auction but i know i wont have hardly any gold to spend until sunday when my items from the auction sell.
Can always extend the official festival an extra day or two. Close it out on Monday or Tuesday. Give you some more time for shopping. Entertainment wise....this is Chesapeake, we pull entertaining events out of hats.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the way the auctions have been run so far, its been absolutely fantastic. Think of how much gold has come out of it so far and not a single gold coin going to Demonous, Lineman and the rest of the auction house staff. Your hard work has hopefully been recognized by everyone that has participated.

That being said the only thing I would change is add some sort of 5 or 10 minute rule to keep out the snipe bids, there's nothing worse than getting outbid by 1 mill :(.
Ya it would probably be to late and to tough to enforce now but my idea was make the last hr ten mil increases.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ya it would probably be to late and to tough to enforce now but my idea was make the last hr ten mil increases.
I like this idea, it makes sense and is fair for everyone.

S

Shinobi

I have a suggestion. Rather than considering it one massive auction, think of it as multiple auctions with the same final date. If Fraggles wants, allow him to post a 24 hr notice on his item bulletin board, announcing the new end date for his item. He gets some extra cash in time to spend it, and the other items continue until Sunday.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Aye then people knowing they cant win the item they want will spend the gold on the vendors Woot!! Woot!!

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok please disregard this post, I found my answer by reading ;-/. I only hope my clock isn't screwed up by a few mins or someone may steal the item I want!

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Agree

F

Fraggles

I have a suggestion. Rather than considering it one massive auction, think of it as multiple auctions with the same final date. If Fraggles wants, allow him to post a 24 hr notice on his item bulletin board, announcing the new end date for his item. He gets some extra cash in time to spend it, and the other items continue until Sunday.
SHE...I am a she :)

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to admit it but that's a good idea

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
alright we decided we're gonna use lineman's idea and go with the minimum increment of 10 mil on all items within the last hour of the auction, so from 4:59 pm eastern to 5:59 pm eastern on Sunday January 30th, all auction items will have a minimum of 10m bid increments, thank you