• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No stacking?

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not get the fishing expansion as I had no interest in fish quests and all the additional fish. Now since that expansion fish, the four old types, don't stack in my bag and as of that last publish you cant stack anything in the ocean. Is this lack of stacking in the bag only for those without the upgrade? Am I being punished and bullied, cant imagine everyone else is catching all those fish without them stacking.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's only those without the expansion, and those not high enough skill with the expansion, that are catching the non-stacking fish.

Frankly, even if you don't want the fishing quests, the expansion is worth it for the extra house storage/vendor space (As that normally sells for $5 more than the expansion, by itself).

Hopefully, though, the old fish not stacking is a bug that gets resolved soon. It just makes a mess...

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was a pretty cheesy marketing ploy too *smiles* but I have to agree with Basara, it is worth the extra storage space (house and bank). Now I can store all the extra firefly lights I traded. *laughs*

The fishing quests are kind of frustrating and it is hard understand how they are supposed to progress. It is disappointing that none of the devs are addressing people questions. *frowns*

I havent tried anything else yet but overall I am not totally disappointed.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are correct, the normal fish no longer stack, neither do the fish steaks that come from these non-stacking fish. It was brought up to the Devs, when they had the video conference thing, but it was ignored and blown off. They simply said they do stack, and that was the end of it.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are correct, the normal fish no longer stack, neither do the fish steaks that come from these non-stacking fish. It was brought up to the Devs, when they had the video conference thing, but it was ignored and blown off. They simply said they do stack, and that was the end of it.
So even with the expansion, the old fish wont stack for a gm fisherman?

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So even with the expansion, the old fish wont stack for a gm fisherman?
Nope, not that I have seen. When you get the High Seas, you get all the fancy fish now, the shallow water fish, deep water fish etc. Not even sure if you get the "old fashioned fish" for the most part once you do get High Seas.

There are a couple of places, where I think they forgot to add the new fish. And there the "old fashion fish" won't stack, nor will the fish steaks. Perfect example is Pirates Cove, you can catch crab and lobsters there, but the old fish style won't stack anymore. I just went and retested it again, just in case something had changed along the lines. Still don't stack.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Great. I just bought the expansion and finally made a new fisher, but since nothing stacks I can tell it's going to be a real pain getting to GM. :violin:

I have to wonder, is it even worth the effort now, for anyone who didn't already have a fisher?

Edit: After fishing a while, I realized that it's only the old fish that don't stack. The new ones I've begun to catch seem to be ok. The fish steaks don't stack, of course, but I guess I was operating on an "old UO" mindset from back in the day when fish steaks were actually something you could sell. Anyway, the expansion is starting to look more interesting now. :)

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam curious why i got the new fish until around 30 and suddenly i get the old non stacking fish. Whats the point in that?