• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Question on Replicas

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok, so you looked at the title and figured this is the wrong forum, but I knew if anyone knows the answer to this the Rares Community would.

We got to talking about the replicas you can get from champ spawns, specifically the +4 intel boots. I remember at one time people were raising cain about rares being duped and there were those saying there should be a way to get the same item in game again due to them being duped. But they wanted the "new" rare to not kill the market of the original. It was around that time I had to take a year off {had to go back otr truckin'} from the game, and when I got back the Replicas were born. Was the replica tag their way of pleasing the masses on that situation? If so, were all the reps known to be duped at one time or another?

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so you looked at the title and figured this is the wrong forum, but I knew if anyone knows the answer to this the Rares Community would.

We got to talking about the replicas you can get from champ spawns, specifically the +4 intel boots. I remember at one time people were raising cain about rares being duped and there were those saying there should be a way to get the same item in game again due to them being duped. But they wanted the "new" rare to not kill the market of the original. It was around that time I had to take a year off {had to go back otr truckin'} from the game, and when I got back the Replicas were born. Was the replica tag their way of pleasing the masses on that situation? If so, were all the reps known to be duped at one time or another?

Most (if not all) of the [replica] items you find at the spawns were duped at one point or another during the history of UO. In a sense, it was an easy way to "please" rare collectors, regardless if they were duped or not. However, they were brought into circulation so all players could potentially benefit.