• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crabbing, 110 skill vs 120 skill

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The results are in, not a darn bit of difference in my opinion.

As usual I'm sick of crabbing and lobstering, trying to get my 120 scroll, but keep tredging on... Then a bright idea struck me, maybe I can use my husband's now legendary fisher, to catch my crabs and lobsters for me!!!
Brilliant I thought!!! Until I tried it.

I logged in my husbands legendary fisher, set up his charector on my computer, so I could run everything, just as I would my own. Crabbed and lobstered and crabbed and lobstered some more. It didn't seem like there was any difference from using my own fisher that is at 110 skill. So I wrote down the results from a couple of runs with his fisher and then my fisher. No advantage that I could see with either fisher and the two different skill levels.

1st run, 120 fishing skill
110 traps laid out
14 traps lost

61 named crabs or lobsters
73 plain crabs or lobsters

2nd run 120 fishing skill
110 traps laid out
22 traps lost

55 named crabs or lobsters
67 plain crabs or lobsters

1st run 110 fishing skill
110 traps laid out
17 traps lost

70 named crabs or lobsters
62 plain crabs or lobsters

2nd run 110 fishing skill
110 traps laid out
11 traps lost

58 named crabs or lobsters
66 plain crabs or lobsters

So no I do not believe being 120 fishing skill helps what so ever in your chance of catching crabs or lobsters.

The only difference that I have noticed so far in my husband having 120 fishing skill, is that my husband caught a lantern fish, and I have not. But then again I have done very little Tokuno fishing.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As of now, I think that the only difference between 120.0 Legendary fisherman and lower skills, not just 110.0 but even a mere 100.0 GM fisherman, is a higher chance for the 120 fisherman to fish up rare fish.

That's about it.

Many fishermen think this is way, but way too little considered all the effort, dedication and time that it takes to reach 120/0 Legendary fisherman status.

More bonuses and specialties should be added to being a 120.0 Legendary fisherman, IMHO.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
total crabs & lobsters	2587

plain lobsters: 796 (30.77%)	total lobsters: 1305 (50.44%)
hummer	crusty	rock	fred	shovel	spiney
92	77	70	109	76	85
3.56%	2.98%	2.71%	4.21%	2.94%	3.29%

plain crabs: 798 (30.85%)	total crabs: 1282 (49.56%)
blue	snow	rock	king	apple	dungeoness
74	81	80	91	80	78
2.86%	3.13%	3.09%	3.52%	3.09%	3.02%
61.62% are plain lobsters & crabs. (At 105 Skill now but chart started at 100%

You got:
54% plain @ 120 Skill
50% plain @ 110 Skill

Maybe there is a 10% difference between 100 and 120 skill. ;)
Can't tell tho since the samples are so small.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, Lantern fish is caught in Tokuno at 120 skill? I'll add that to our information, thanks.

Any chance of a piccie?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll gladly upload a picture for free, if you can "borrow" me a 120 power scroll for a while. ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:D If I had a spare 120 I would happily lend it to you, but I was hoping Sasha might have a piccie, since she said her hubby's char caught one.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, my apologies, it was not a lantern fish that he caught, but the "Giant Samuri Fish" looks like a king fish but is a funky green color. I was mistaken in which one he had caught, until I went back and looked at it.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
total crabs & lobsters    2587

plain lobsters: 796 (30.77%)    total lobsters: 1305 (50.44%)
hummer    crusty    rock    fred    shovel    spiney
92    77    70    109    76    85
3.56%    2.98%    2.71%    4.21%    2.94%    3.29%

plain crabs: 798 (30.85%)    total crabs: 1282 (49.56%)
blue    snow    rock    king    apple    dungeoness
74    81    80    91    80    78
2.86%    3.13%    3.09%    3.52%    3.09%    3.02%
61.62% are plain lobsters & crabs. (At 105 Skill now but chart started at 100%

You got:
54% plain @ 120 Skill
50% plain @ 110 Skill

Maybe there is a 10% difference between 100 and 120 skill. ;)
Can't tell tho since the samples are so small.
Kas, I'm glad you are able to calc all of this out, it appeared to me approx 50/50 give or take a few between the two skills. But with what you did actually calc out, it shows that you get more PLAIN with 120 skill, which is not a good thing at all. I can try to make a couple more runs with each peep tomorrow to add more data, but as everything is RNG we can have variations to no end. But over all I am not seeing any hopeful trends of 120 fishing skill improving crabbing. I just dread the thought of more crabbing....

G

Gowron

As of now, I think that the only difference between 120.0 Legendary fisherman and lower skills, not just 110.0 but even a mere 100.0 GM fisherman, is a higher chance for the 120 fisherman to fish up rare fish.

That's about it.

Many fishermen think this is way, but way too little considered all the effort, dedication and time that it takes to reach 120/0 Legendary fisherman status.

More bonuses and specialties should be added to being a 120.0 Legendary fisherman, IMHO.
Popps, you've completely left out all the other side benefits you get during the journey. Please add all the MiBs, nets, tmaps,delicate scales, sea serpent scales, hides and associated gold, items to imbue/unravel, and arties that come along with it. You'll find that the path isn't necessarily a complete drudge. It also becomes quite interesting as you sell fish, crabs, and lobsters to those people working quests that find paying is more benificial to actually fishing...

I don't know this for a fact, but I am noticing that there is less of a difference between plain crabs/lobsters from named crabs/lobsters from 100 fishing as I am approaching 110. Of course, I tend to use no more than 24-30 lobster traps per run and rarely lose more than 1-2 per. I am in the process of collecting the data of my crabbing efforts starting from 105 skill, and I'm almost at 1,000 crabs/lobsters.