• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing Quests Question

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been doing the fishing quests (wow they are monotonous :sleep2:).If I understand the process correctly, I should progressively get higher orders? I got one that had 2 lines (15 rock crab, 10 crusty lobsters) which I filled and now I am getting one liners again..

Have I not gone past the one liners? I haven't chucked any overboard lately (not after that 2 line one). Are there any time considerations on these quests? Does the fish monger get annoyed if you keep an order too long and not fill it? :confused:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, as you can also see from the various threads in the fishing forum asking up the devs to explain how the quests work, I have not found 1 single player who has understood how they work.

Some have theories, but that I know of, noone really knows.

We have been told that reputation builds up by doing quests but then we see "cycles".

We get to receive 5 and 6 liners orders and then boom, we drop back to 1 or 2 liners.

Apparently, that is one of the theories, our reputation only builds up for a limited cycle, then it drops all the way down to start it a new all over.....

An endless rinse and repeat cycle...........

But as I said, noone really knows for sure or, if they do, they have not posted it that I know of.

And that is why so many are asking the Developers to tell us more of how the system works.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I can see there are lots of unknowns :( I guess I will just plod on and see what happens.

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have been asking / pleading for answers as to how the fishing quest work for such a long time now, without any kind of response whatever that it brings up another question.

Does anyone at UO ( management / developers / etc. ) even read the Stratics forums anymore ?

:flame:

:bdh:

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok may be I am the only one in Sosaria who didnt know this but you don't have to sail your ship to each town dock to turn in the quest!! You just have to have the ship on the same subserver as the dock and you can recall to it! *cheers* I cant tell you how sick I was of sailing to those docks! *laughs and shakes her head*

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm perhaps this isnt a good idea...am I losing my reputation with the fish mongers? I turned in a quest for 10 dungeness crab and 20 blue crab to vesper and also happened to have another quest for vesper for 15 gray snapper, 15 bonefish, 20 smallmouth bass.

The next quest I got was 20 red snook and after that 10 rainbow trout. Now I got one for 10 BLUE CRAB (after I filled one for 20) and 10 spiney lobster!!??

Is it the recalling that hurt me or having 2 quests for the same port at the same time??

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's just plain luck as far as I can tell. I've been running multiple orders and recalling to the docks for a while now. Sometimes you get a few small orders in a row and other times you'll get a few big orders in a row.

G

Gowron

I'm not sure if getting smaller quests is a sign that your reputation is going down or if it's like getting BODs in that despite being a 120 smith, you'll occassionally get the normal weapons BOD.

This is why when I am collecting fishing quests that if I get a smaller order for a 1 or 2 line, I'll pick up additional quests until I get a 4+ line. Then I turn those in and not take new ones until I've turned in all of them. Then it's a rinse and repeat cycle. I've received 2x 110 scrolls thus far since the upgrade.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am beginning to think it is just luck too and the RNG (which usually hates me *rolls eyes*). I think I will try to stop worrying about reputation and such and try Gowrons method for a while.

Thanks for the comments!

S

soulstoner

Even the smaller ones can be OK. I just got a 105 scroll delivering 15 Cape Cods and 10 Mahi to Vesper ... I'm working to collect a few more 105s, at the least - to bind up 8 into the 110. i ate the first 105.:)