• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some data about ship hunting

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The loot:

Pirate ships:
metals: up to gold
leather: up to horned
wood: up to ash

quantity: up to 300 per material

Merchant ship:
metals: up to valorite
leather: up to barbed
wood: up to frostwood

quantity: up to 800 per material

Fighting information:
- The gargoyle ship requires 20 cannon shots to be taken down (15 with orc ship) and the crew is incredibly strong. The captain usually is a sampire with throwing and mysticism. Gargoyle bards are also hard to kill...

- The tokuno ship requires 14 cannon shots (11 with orc ship) and the crew is weak... just few archers and a mage.

- Orc ship requires 14 cannon shots (11 with orc ship) and the crew are made by orcs, some mages, some stealth archers, some bombers and if is a pirate ship the pirate is an archer. Repond slayer works on orcs but not on pirates.
Warning: do not disarm the pirates! They are weak and do almost no damage, but when disarmed they became incredibly strong! they can do about 30-40 damage (with a full 70 suit) and always hits the target!!!

Cannons data:

- Orc ship reduces by 25% the shots required for take down a ship.
- Light cannon does half damage of an heavy cannon

Ammo difference:
- 6 light grapeshot = 1 plain shot of heavy cannon
- 3 heavy grapeshot = 1 plain shot of heavy cannon

- 1 flame/cold shot = 1 plain shot + extra fire/cold damage to the crew

Ships HP:
- Orc and Tokuno ship has a normal resistance: 14 heavy cannon shots against a normal ship and 11 shots against the orc ship. After 7 shots you have the first visible damage (6 shots against orc ship).

- Gargoyle ship has an extra resistance: 20 heavy cannon shots against a normal ship or 14 against the orc ship. After 12 shots you have the first visible damage (10 against orc ship).

Ship Repairs:
- Repair cannons: requires blacksmith for lower costs. 180 skill is the better choice for lower the materials cost.
- Repair ship: requires carpentry for lower costs.

Note:

- Using boat painting while the pirate quest is active could bug your ship. If you want to pait the ship do it without the pirate quest, after the painting dry dock the ship and replace it again. For to be sure, leave the ship somewhere and use it after the daily server restart.

- For check if your ship is bugged, go near a pirate ship and see if they fire back with cannons. If they don't use cannons against you, you are bugged so dry dock the ship and re-place it, leave it somewhere and wait until is "slightly worn" then should be solved.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is more data about quest rewards (on over 100 quests done):

Orc Ship Plans (common)
- n. 2 very common
- others common

Light Flame Cannonball (common)

Heavy Flame Cannonball (rare)

Light Frost Cannonball (rare)

Heavy Frost Cannonball (rare)
(no other rewards found yet)

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note:

- Using boat painting while the pirate quest is active could bug your ship. If you want to pait the ship do it without the pirate quest, after the painting dry dock the ship and replace it again. For to be sure, leave the ship somewhere and use it after the daily server restart.

- For check if your ship is bugged, go near a pirate ship and see if they fire back with cannons. If they don't use cannons against you, you are bugged so dry dock the ship and re-place it, leave it somewhere and wait until is "slightly worn" then should be solved.

I'm not sure I agree with the this entirely. I've had boats that I've painted while under a quest and hunted successfully for 3-4 days just to have them go buggy. Last Sunday, I was unable to capture 3 of 4 ships but caught the Pirate on one ship. That same day, I dropped the quest, dry-docked the boat and returned to sea and captured the first Pirate I encountered. Only to have the ship go buggy immediately after that and I was unable to capture the next two Pirate ships I encountered.

Something else I've noticed it that I may be able to capture one type of ship, but not another. Ex. I can take Pirate ships, but not merchant ships. I do no damage to them and they do none to me despite a prolonged battle.

I've followed your recommendations and, dropped the quest, drydocked two of my Orc Ships, even going the additional step of removing all the paint from both. Of course I could not test anything as they just took the servers down.

I'll post results... when I get a chance to hit the High Seas again.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can add Heavy Frost Cannonball to this... I seem to remember getting one of those. Unfortunately I used it so I can't provide proof.

If I had realized that they would be so rare I would have kept the dang thing. I have so many of the light fire cannonballs I could spit!

Every time Biggelsby gives me one of those damn light cannonballs I feel like firing a broadside into his little hut! I USE HEAVY CANNON YOU MORON!!!

Sorry, venting a bit. (It it considered a troll if you're insulting an NPC?)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure I agree with the this entirely. I've had boats that I've painted while under a quest and hunted successfully for 3-4 days just to have them go buggy. Last Sunday, I was unable to capture 3 of 4 ships but caught the Pirate on one ship. That same day, I dropped the quest, dry-docked the boat and returned to sea and captured the first Pirate I encountered. Only to have the ship go buggy immediately after that and I was unable to capture the next two Pirate ships I encountered.

Something else I've noticed it that I may be able to capture one type of ship, but not another. Ex. I can take Pirate ships, but not merchant ships. I do no damage to them and they do none to me despite a prolonged battle.

I've followed your recommendations and, dropped the quest, drydocked two of my Orc Ships, even going the additional step of removing all the paint from both. Of course I could not test anything as they just took the servers down.

I'll post results... when I get a chance to hit the High Seas again.
There is more than 1 cause that bug your ship. The only sure thing is: if you are bugged the pirates don't uses cannon against you.

However the best way to fix the bug is leave the boat and wait for the server daily restart. This always fix it :D

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is more than 1 cause that bug your ship. The only sure thing is: if you are bugged the pirates don't uses cannon against you.

However the best way to fix the bug is leave the boat and wait for the server daily restart. This always fix it :D
Yes, that did work. Even though the Atlantic Server keept bugging in and out today I was able to test one of my Orc Ships and it was able to capture Pirate ships and a (human crewed) merchant ship. Of course then I would loose all my loot when the server went down again.

Even though I hate the way unpainted Orc Ships look, I'm afraid to re-paint them for fear the bug will return. I'll play a few days and make sure they are bug free then maybe re-paint one.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you want to paint the ship, just do it before the server restart (for example on evening before going to sleep). Paint the boat, place on water and leave it for the next day :p