• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] certificates of authenticity

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was just thinking how any of u would feel if some of the em items started having lil issue numbers on them such as "3/10" at the bottom of the text of the item... i know manticore (and possibly others) do alot of work to find out the quantity of each item given out and this could be a way to make things a lil easier. also, if lets say the event was a scavenger hunt and the top 5 people got an item then the 1st person to complete it would get the "1/5" then the next "2/5" etc... another bonus is this would essentially make those items each unique in that they could be more easily monitored for possible duping and whatnot... perhaps this has already been mentioned in the past (not sure, ive never read about it)... anyways, how do u all feel about it?

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really like the actual idea Restless, I mean that is thinking in the right direction. But on the actual title that would really be ugly I think and it would destroy a lot of items for folks in an rp sense. But I like the idea of it being cataloged and clear, especially concerning duping. Maybe if you had to double click on it and it told you or something, haha that is probably asking too much, but ya never know.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the actual idea Restless, I mean that is thinking in the right direction. But on the actual title that would really be ugly I think and it would destroy a lot of items for folks in an rp sense. But I like the idea of it being cataloged and clear, especially concerning duping. Maybe if you had to double click on it and it told you or something, haha that is probably asking too much, but ya never know.
perhaps its not too much. I have noticed some (but not all) EM items have a *special* text when you single click them. Seems like this may just be a possibility if relayed to the right people. :)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya i wouldnt want it on the title line, just like underneath everything else on the item... like somewhere under the weight or something

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya i wouldnt want it on the title line, just like underneath everything else on the item... like somewhere under the weight or something
If the information was conveyed with a single click, the mouse over info could possibly be left the same. Guess there would be a few different methods of making this possible.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for the visibility for duping i feel the scroll over would be the best option, nothing elaborate or anything, just a lil "3/10" below the weight or something, wouldnt stand out, just a helpful tidbit...

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or maybe that info could be obtained via Item ID skill, anyway i think people will start to pay more for the "first" item like 1/5 or 1/10...

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or maybe that info could be obtained via Item ID skill, anyway i think people will start to pay more for the "first" item like 1/5 or 1/10...
just adds another layer of depth to rare collecting.. have people trying to make museums of all 1/? :)

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just adds another layer of depth to rare collecting.. have people trying to make museums of all 1/? :)
Make the item Id skill more useful and add a new depth to collecting, haha sign me up!

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
having the quantity right on the scroll over would be best in my opinion but using the item id skill on an item could be cool if it said additional info such as realm the item came from and the date it was released and perhaps a quick recap of the event itself... any sort of additional lore on items is always good for nostalgic purposes :)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not literally have it the way the OP stated, i.e. for each item that dropped on the monster in a bag, have a deed accompanying it that says "the name of the item and 1 of 10" etc..

That way, when people do trade them, they will also include the deed which makes them more authentic and desirable etc..

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You'd have to ask bonnie up front. Personally I want less text on items, just name and stones. However Atlantic's EM has made it very clear that item quantities will never be disclosed.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the literal deed accompanying it could be cool also but it wont really address any dupe identification measures becuz either the deed may not be displayed with the item or could have just been stated as separated from the item somehow... literal deeds would add another cool lil addition to some museums :) i'm not trying to imply that there is or will be another duping scenario (i left the game a couple years ago right in the midst of a huge duping epidemic) but the signal flare will shoot pretty quick if u see 2 of the same items both with "6/10" on it

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When item is dbl clicked it says something out loud (kinda like a haunted mirror) "Congratulations on looting a 1 of 10 event item", "Congratulations on looting a unique item" or in Gunga,s case "Congratulations on looting a 1 of 1000 item-sucker"

Its a stretch but just adding on some already great ideas.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the literal deed accompanying it could be cool also but it wont really address any dupe identification measures becuz either the deed may not be displayed with the item or could have just been stated as separated from the item somehow... literal deeds would add another cool lil addition to some museums :) i'm not trying to imply that there is or will be another duping scenario (i left the game a couple years ago right in the midst of a huge duping epidemic) but the signal flare will shoot pretty quick if u see 2 of the same items both with "6/10" on it
Yeah it would pretty much have to be apart of the actual item. A lot of great ideas in this thread.