• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Virtue Bane Battles - Cove under attack

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought we could have a thread for updates on where the Bane are.

I heard there were no battles last night and I'm sitting by Sherry this morning, Anyone heard anything else?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Virtue Bane Battles - Updates

In Moonglow this morning.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

thx!
One question for the experienced invasion helper:
did they take the special sashes out? I killed about 100 defenders, found around 30 sashes that simply say: a body sash.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

hehe, I didn't know there were any special sashes till this morning!

I went to help, started to help take down a guard, peacing it while my draggy chewed it and throwing the odd heal on the warriors - and then the damn phone rang and I had to recall out!

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Virtue Bane Battles - In Moonglow Currently (Tue 21st)

Hopefully there will be some monsters left when i get home from work ...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've been and helped a bit, but various phone calls and then horrific lag put paid to that. I'll be back later though!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The city is pretty busy but the Lyceaum.. That's like instant death. I suspect the fight will be on for a while.

C

Coppelia

How can I help the Bane? :/

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I feel sorry for Inu the most... Or Mrs Obvious.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Virtue Bane Battles - In Moonglow Currently (Tuesday 21st)

*grumbles*

hey i like glow..i like to save it..but 2 hours fighting with absolute no rewards....come on gimme at least some reason to fight the bane...not even a poxy crystal????

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I havn't gotten anything either. It was fun for a while with my disco-tamer. Some dexers helped me kill the stuff faster and i discoed and tried to keep the dexers with heals alive. But after like 1.5h with nothing i decided to go back to fishing and screw this event. Iam not even talking about rewards. But you don't see any progress against the banes. Endless looping respawn .. that's so boring and makes the fighting absolutely pointless.

By the way .. why does every new monster MUST have the ability to teleport players nowdays? That is neither cool nor does it make the game more exciting. It's simply annoying. This teleporting of players just causes lag and when iam walking around while getting zapped i get easily out of synch with the server and have that nice rubberband effect. By the way every stupid critter targets me when i get teleported ... annyoing.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

very very boring...sorry... but events like the tokuna invasion were far better because u could see small rewards that were gonna make big rewards if u kept at it...so everyone kept fighting there for weeks!!!!this event as nothing.....plz devs give us a lil something to keep fighting...and i dont mean a '''1 in 10.000''' chance of a sword or sash........ or iam afraid the towns will simply get over run with monsters.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

very very boring...sorry... but events like the tokuna invasion were far better because u could see small rewards that were gonna make big rewards if u kept at it...so everyone kept fighting there for weeks!!!!this event as nothing.....plz devs give us a lil something to keep fighting...and i dont mean a '''1 in 10.000''' chance of a sword or sash........ or iam afraid the towns will simply get over run with monsters.
It does seem that way, I got a sash from killing two Ophidians *ticks box*, Yet to get a Katana but when I do I'm not sure what will keep me fighting as I'll have collected all there is to get.

C

Coppelia

The Meers were at the East exit of Moonglow. I got a bunch of sashes but no katana or whatever was supposed to be the rare drop, but I got a big karma hit. I had to go and kill demons from time to time.

This event is a bit stupid. The direction it will take is only determined by the number of players on the shard. On low population shards, Bane will win, on more crowded shards it will lose.
For those fighting the Bane, the blackrock stew is in a recipe, there's no karma problem but it's a little more tense to pass by the shrine of Spirituality in Ilshenar. That con being ridiculous as the shrine of Sacrifice is just a couple screens further.
For those on the Bane side, you no longer have Ophidians to kill, only Meers which kills your karma like a Yewling in an elven nursery (Eternal Meers only give 5 loyalty points of course), the blackrock stew is a direct exchange, not a recipe, but you can twitch your behind in front of the red guys at the shrine of Spirituality in Ilshenar, like any neutral.

How many people are with the Bane? Not a lot. I saw a couple from time to time, while the Bane invading forces were camped in every corner of the city. And I can't blame players, it's better to be on the Ophidian side.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I havn't gotten anything either. It was fun for a while with my disco-tamer. Some dexers helped me kill the stuff faster and i discoed and tried to keep the dexers with heals alive. But after like 1.5h with nothing i decided to go back to fishing and screw this event. Iam not even talking about rewards. But you don't see any progress against the banes. Endless looping respawn .. that's so boring and makes the fighting absolutely pointless.

By the way .. why does every new monster MUST have the ability to teleport players nowdays? That is neither cool nor does it make the game more exciting. It's simply annoying. This teleporting of players just causes lag and when iam walking around while getting zapped i get easily out of synch with the server and have that nice rubberband effect. By the way every stupid critter targets me when i get teleported ... annyoing.

Ty for the heals and res's Kas :)

Yesterday was hell trying to play there - the lag was, quite literally, killing me. I'd have full health, freeze, and come back very dead, no time to slap a bandie on, hit confidence and pot.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Virtue Bane Battles - No Battle On

No way I.m fighting anything with the lag I've been getting lately so I will just wish those who are luck. :)

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No way I.m fighting anything with the lag I've been getting lately so I will just wish those who are luck. :)

Lag only hits me sometimes, I think it has something to do with the VB Guard's teleport ability, because when a few of them start teleporting people, I notice an increase in lag.

But even though I died about 6 times at Moonglow, I will still be fighting them, even though my poor tamer can never go anywhere near spirituality ever again, at least not when there is a VB camp right outside it :p

M

Melissa Rohan

Wow... guess i got extremely lucky then getting a katana on my second demon. Makes up for the halloween couple years back then i guess taking all night just to get an undead slayer tally... only to have a brief revert in the morning and lose the thing!

Melissa

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Also had some lag on monday while fighting groups of bane or a demon, seems to be that the server stops doing things as well, or i would have been killed during that 15-20 sec forced break i had.

The droprate of katana's is not so bad, had more then one on saturday and one after 3 hours at monday. May take longer for a mage or tamer, but i think there is a very fair chance to get them.

Was fun getting Lycaeum finally under control , was not so easy there. As a dexxer, i do really appreciate any help when taking demons out. The faster the better with all the other spawn around. Especially disco tamers like Kas and some others do rock.

C

Coppelia

Also had some lag on monday while fighting groups of bane or a demon, seems to be that the server stops doing things as well, or i would have been killed during that 15-20 sec forced break i had.

The droprate of katana's is not so bad, had more then one on saturday and one after 3 hours at monday. May take longer for a mage or tamer, but i think there is a very fair chance to get them.

Was fun getting Lycaeum finally under control , was not so easy there. As a dexxer, i do really appreciate any help when taking demons out. The faster the better with all the other spawn around. Especially disco tamers like Kas and some others do rock.
Do they drop on the blue demon guard, or on regular Bane guys too?

C

Coppelia

Ok, this means Bane side can sit on it. :/

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Chaos train has stopped off in Skara Brae today.

C

Coppelia

Re: Virtue Bane Battles - In Skara Brae (Friday 24th)

Meers are on the other side, around rangers huts. You can use the word "cross" when you're in one of the boats at the end of the docks.
Have fun!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not for me today. Christmas cleaning, occasionally aided by the bouncing off the walls kids. Then my favourite bit of christmas, out of all of it, even tomorrow; hubby and I send the kids to bed early, then sit down with port, cheese and biscuits and wrap up the presents. After that it will be too late and I will be too tiddly to fight anything!

I'll try to go and get some bane after lunch tomorrow.

Hoping you all have a wonderful christmas :grouphug:

C

Coppelia

After Meers there's a row of Britannian Defenders.

They have negative karma, aren't very tough, but they don't seem to have any loot beside what they are wearing, ie NPC stuff. Has anyone seen anything dropped from them?

Also this time I found the Ophidians, which is quite a relief for my karma. I got more sashes but still nothing else. I've reached 2500 Loyalty points yay!

Now break and... happy christmas! See you!

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Ahh there are Meers in Skara? I was dryad alluring them from Sacrifice and bringing them in to fight the bane. Wonder if I can just bring them across from the ranger huts when I want to Allure.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

last guard fleed during the battle 11:25 am today! the bastrad had the katana with my name on it... but i noticed his face for next invasion!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ill prob end up buying the kantona...gonna give it a good week mind so prices will drop steeply.....kinda get bored doing the same thing for 2 hours on a part trained dexer!!! as my main char is a mage and is not allowed to take part properlly due to the not casting summons in towns **** !!!! .guess the sashes are pretty common already so hopefully ill pick one of those up on the bank floor soon.

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Wow Mr negative THP :) Your could have used a mage, flung some Corp Por's out there. It is still fun to run about bashin them. I did it with a near nekid thief :)

C

Coppelia

Join the Bane and use your summons against Meers, Britannian Defenders and Ophidians! :p

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow Mr negative THP :) Your could have used a mage, flung some Corp Por's out there. It is still fun to run about bashin them. I did it with a near nekid thief :)
nearly fell off my chair when i read this..especialy since uve only just started...takes note ...Join Date: Dec 2010 Posts: 13...runs around bashing with a naked thief my arse!!!!

C

Coppelia

Because Stratics forum join date = when you started to play UO. Known fact.

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

lol :lick:

You walked past me ya muppet, asked me where I was gettin Meers from. I am called Stickypaws in game, ride an ethy Ki Rin, a thief with 80 spell weaving seen with meer captains and eternals in tow last night :)

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

nearly fell off my chair when i read this..especialy since uve only just started...takes note ...Join Date: Dec 2010 Posts: 13...runs around bashing with a naked thief my arse!!!!
If the bane guard is already attacking a player and you're already next to it (so no reason to teleport you), you can attack it as much as you like, even with a naked cook. Since they dont have any area damage on their special attacks, it wont suddenly attack you.

Thief is a wise choice since you can wander around the town in stealth and only reveal yourself when a bane guard is around. Bane guards were taken out in less than a minute during the Skara invasion, thanks to the tamers and discoers. I got a katana after damaging a guard for a couple of times, so Stickypaws getting a katana with a naked thief is quite plausible.

M

McValdemar

Fought with afew bane guars with my swordsman, but didn't knew I had to watch out for a special katana as a possible drop!

I was too focused defending Skara Brae!!

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I saw bane guards in Moonglow and Skara in Baja, it seems you can lose a town afterall. I'm quite happy that Skara is cleared from the Bane, its one of my favorite towns.

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

so Stickypaws getting a katana with a naked thief is quite plausible.
Doubt it, spent time healing and rezzing tbh. Bought out the Meer's when the group of players thinned out and needed a bit more firepower. Only thing I couldnt kill with a meer captain or eternal were the guardian things. Was'nt aware there were special drops until this thread. :D

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Virtue Bane Battles - No Battles Currently

They are in Cove, extra LAG is now included :p, my question is when are our so called allies going to lend a hand and do some fighting ???

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Virtue Bane Battles - No Battles Currently

Thank you. :)

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, simply wanted to ask:

has anyone gotten a katana drop from a guard while actually allied with the banes? I thought I would be very clever and took my ABC archer to kill bane guards, although he has around 2500 loyality points with them. Its working like a charm, they drop rather fast and the other spawn leaves me alone.

BUT: I have now soloed at least 60 guards without a katana drop. I also noticed that the ammount of items on a guard corpse seems to be A LOT higher when multiple people kill one compared to killing one solo.

My conclusion now is that you have to be loyal to the meers/ophys to get a drop at all or can someone tell me I am wrong?
Thx,

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, simply wanted to ask:

has anyone gotten a katana drop from a guard while actually allied with the banes? I thought I would be very clever and took my ABC archer to kill bane guards, although he has around 2500 loyality points with them. Its working like a charm, they drop rather fast and the other spawn leaves me alone.

BUT: I have now soloed at least 60 guards without a katana drop. I also noticed that the ammount of items on a guard corpse seems to be A LOT higher when multiple people kill one compared to killing one solo.

My conclusion now is that you have to be loyal to the meers/ophys to get a drop at all or can someone tell me I am wrong?
Thx,
Cannot answer that. But can show you the other extreme. Sampire, 10k ophidian and near 10k meer loyality, kills everything that looks like bane if it enters view. 11 katana drops now.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do Katana's land in back pack or are they on the guards corpses? :)
They're on the corpses. I've been there for 3 hours or so at every invasion so far, and got 1 Katana from the first day... and nothing since. I did however get one today in Cove, but it was on a corpse that someone had missed. As I'm checking every corpse I can, and killing hundreds of the Bane (I've gone from 5000 rep to 8300 for Ophids, at 5500 for Meer now) I agree the drop rate seems very, very funky to me...

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Defender victory in Cove. All of a sudden all bane forces disappeared and town crier messages are changed. Since it was a more limited area, I think we've killed far more bane than any other invasion, so the defender victory was obvious. However, the random victory time makes me think that a GM or maybe our EMs decide the outcome whenever they're online after a day by checking how many bane killed.

C

Coppelia

Didn't even have the time to take part, I intended to come today. But yeah, it's most probably EM triggered. If they tracked counts of kills, it would be a miracle.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've investigated the timers and code related to the invasion, and everything looks to be operating correctly.

We'll monitor for the next 24 hours. We are not gonna spoil what exact time the next wave should commence. :)

- C
Then it is pre-set and random.