• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing Training?

• Thread starter Striped Damsel
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

Striped Damsel

Hello stratics forums! I am a long time lurker, but just decided to register. I was gone for roughly 3 years from this lovely game, and just reactivated my account two nights ago. After staying up till 430 am the night I reactivated, I have to say i am "hooked". However, my question is how long will it take to GM my fishing from 45 or 50 skill? I currently have one blue scroll for 15 minutes of fishing increased gains, that i figured I would hold onto until i am close to gm. This High Sea's booster has brought me back, and I am very interested in the new fishing features. I never had the desire to train a fisherman past 50ish in my previous years.

Why are my fish not stacking as well as my fish steaks when i cut my fish?

S

Striped Damsel

Thanks for all the replies.....atleast im at 71.0 fishing now...at what skill lvl can i fish up SoS chests? I already have fished up two or three MiB's after i hit 65ish fishing.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

first, stratics mainsite have much informations about skills :dunce:

Fishing-Items this link leads you to the items which you can fish up, and which skill is needed to get them.

this link provides you informations about SoS scrolls from MiBs.

Mib-Informations

If you open a MiB and recheive an ASos, Ancient SoS message, its a white scroll, instead of the normal papercolored one, keep it till you have enough friends, or became a handy fighter.

when you reached 65% you are able to fish in deep water, thats why you got you MiB.

The treasure which you can fish up... you need the same 65% as for getting the mib, because the location is in deep water, which needs you to have 65%.

after 65% you have to fish in deep water, which is 7 tiles away from the shore (or 14 tiles, not sure about), to increase your fishingskill.

the amount of time which is needed, to reach GM cant be pointed out..

excessive fishing, which means hours of fishing, let you become GM fisher in a few days...

fishing for fun.. a few minutes a day takes a few month...

S

Striped Damsel

Thanks Thiefy, I am now at 76.5 Fishing and steadily fishing up MiBs and lvl 1 maps while training. I have fished in the past but never trained one on an OSI server.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello stratics forums! I am a long time lurker, but just decided to register. I was gone for roughly 3 years from this lovely game, and just reactivated my account two nights ago. After staying up till 430 am the night I reactivated, I have to say i am "hooked". However, my question is how long will it take to GM my fishing from 45 or 50 skill? I currently have one blue scroll for 15 minutes of fishing increased gains, that i figured I would hold onto until i am close to gm. This High Sea's booster has brought me back, and I am very interested in the new fishing features. I never had the desire to train a fisherman past 50ish in my previous years.

Why are my fish not stacking as well as my fish steaks when i cut my fish?

If you get the High Seas Booster, go to the Floating Doacks south of the Moonglow island and buy a few crab/lobsters traps and start using them.

Use as many as you can handle. They help raising the skill.

Also, you can use SOTs at higher levels to get those last few points.

S

Striped Damsel

thanks popps, im upgrading this evening. im getting a high amount of MiB's is that normal? for instance im averaging three each trip (before i hit 125 items in my pack, since my fish do not stack). I have the alacrity scroll i was going to use later on.

just hit 79.0 fishing.

S

Striped Damsel

Just an update for anyone that is following along. Im not at 82.4 fishing and still going strong. I took a break from training to fish up the 12-15 MiBs I acquired earlier. got a few grapevines, oars, kelp legs, and the new bow. No bikini thing yet.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have a Crystal Ball of Knowledge I highly recommend this for gaining fishing, Fish in shallow areas under 75 skill, And deep water above 75. Attempt to fish and the ball will tell you how easy that specific tile is, Your ideally wanting to fish in Optimal or Easy areas.

You can find out how to get the crystal ball here: http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31238 If you don't have one.

Also, If a tile is very hard, You don't have to travel far to find an easy tile, It's sometimes possible to stand still and reach an easy and very hard water tile.

Regarding Mibs, I can fish about 25 mibs in a couple hours - You can read the FAQs at the top of this forum index to see what rewards you get.