• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Template Editor

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LATEST VERSION: 1.8.0

LANGUAGE AVAILABLE: English, Italian

HOME PAGE: http://www.guain.it/uotemplateeditor/

CHANGELOG

DESCRIPTION:
UO Template Editor is designed for store and edit any kind of Ultima Online template. You can manage skills, stats, pets and your equipment.
Basically you have every artifacts, replicas, item set and event items. You can also manually add your own items with the integrate Item Maker Tool.

INTEGRATED TOOLS:

- Stat/Skill Manager: Help you to manage the skills and the stats for stay inside the caps. This allow you to import your character data from UO Assist.

- Equipment Manager: Here you have all the character layers, and you can equip every items available. This tool will automatically check your race and could manage the active spell effects.

- Advanced Info: This tools offer lots of informations about your damage, your chance to hit and every informations that you could need for healing and veterinary. There is also a stamina test bar for check how change your swing speed while changing the stamina.

- Spell Damage Calculator (NEW): Check your real damage for every attack spell available in the game! It manage also the arcane circle!

- Crafting Info: With this tool, you can see the exact success chance and exceptional chance of a craftable item based on your skill and equipment. The actual data is more accurate than stratics.

- Stable Manager: Here you can load your pets and keep it saved with your template. The pet judge will also tell you how good they are.
This tool show your taming and control chance for every pet that you load.

- Notes: This is an area where you can write your own notes (like a background for RP characters).

- Item Maker: allow you to create items and also work as imbuing calculator.
NEW: now you can see the weapon specials and add images to each items!

- Item Set Maker: This tool allow you to manage item sets or eventually add a missing one.

- Bestiary (NEW): Check stat and skill of every monster and try the bard calculator for get your barding success chances based on your skills

- Passwords Generator: This tool allow you to create a strong password. You can also use it for check the strenght of your own passwords.

- External Tools: You can link your favourite tool directly inside UO Template Editor! Inculded in the package there is: UO Bulk Order Deeds (by NinjaPuffer) and UO Template Editor Translator Tool (by Pinco).
NEW: now there is an imbuing price calculator that allow you to check how many resources (and gold) is required for your imbuing suits!

- Collector's Library (NEW): Manage your collections with few click!

SCREENSHOT:

FAQ

- Can I use it without risk to be banned by EA?
Yes, you can!
This program DO NOT touch the game and neither you need the game installed for use it. Here is a quote from EA rule about third party softwares:
Programs such as ICQ, AIM, UO Trace, or any other program that runs independently of UO, and has no effect on the UO data stream or software are generally ok to use.
Original EA Source

- How can I be sure that is not a malware software?
Test the package with an online antivirus and then test it again with your favourite antivirus software after download it.
After all this tests you will know that is not a malware.

- Do I need to install the program?
No. The program will work WITHOUT an installation. Just unzip/unrar to a folder and use it.

- Can I use this program in a usb pendrive or another external support?
Yes, you can. The program will works everywhere.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For any feedback contact me through this email: [email protected]

or by ICQ: 391208077

or by using the UO Template Editor boards.

For make a donation: click here

----------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to share a new language for UO Template Editor contact me!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.3.4.1 is out with the fix for the equipment area crash bug.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New version is out: 1.4.

This version includes lot of stability fixes, new calculators and more goodies. Check the changelog for more informations.

The manual is now updated!

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a program I have wanted to use, but I can`t get it to run properly. It opens nice, let me set a few items in on a character form, but if I try to use the options "new item" or any of the tools in the tool menu it will give me an error. Translated from my native language. not sure if this makes any sense: Conversion from the string 1.0 to the type Double not valid".

Running Vista Home, SP 2, and net framework 3.5

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
version 1.4.1 released for fix the crash bug with the Item Maker tool.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was down for these 2 days, but now a new website is now online :)

T

Talula

Just wanted you to know that I use this program a lot and it works great. It's still not perfect, but I know you're working hard and updating regularly.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks, if you have any suggestion just tell me :)

The next version will support the EC character import (probably items too) ;)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From your FAQ
- Do I need to install the program?
No. The program will work WITHOUT an installation. Just unzip/unrar to a folder and use it.
Sorry to say this, but anytime you have to load a program onto your computer to use it is an installation.

T

Talula

thanks, if you have any suggestion just tell me :)

The next version will support the EC character import (probably items too) ;)
When I was making a suit for my caster I noticed that the item maker wasn't weighing spell damage increase on jewelry at all.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I was making a suit for my caster I noticed that the item maker wasn't weighing spell damage increase on jewelry at all.
I just tried to put spell damage increase on a ring an the item maker has given the right weight...

If you put a check on the right of a property it will be excluded from the weight count.

If you still have that problem give me more detail about the item you are trying to make and I'll check it out :)

Storm said:
Yay that would be cool
The big part is done, probably I will also be able to detect the race.
All this will require a client mod, because I have no other ways to interact with the new client :/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
15 days are passed since the last release and I got no bug report or ideas.
The next version is almost ready (in a week probably) and the only new thing will be the EC import tool for character and items.

Y

Yen Sid

15 days are passed since the last release and I got no bug report or ideas.
The next version is almost ready (in a week probably) and the only new thing will be the EC import tool for character and items.
Cool. I will be sure to get the next release ;).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no need to open source the mod, because there is nothing close :D
Just merge the files to your mod or merge the code if you are able to :p

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no need to open source the mod, because there is nothing close :D
Just merge the files to your mod or merge the code if you are able to :p
Very cool. Hopefully others will pick up on this awesome tool.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just wanted to say how incredibly useful this tool has become. Thankyou Pinco!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 1.8 is out!

In the download area, you'll be able to find my new UI for Enhanced Client: Pinco's UI.

Enjoy :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Tried to download your UI from your site but the download link is broken.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just wanted to bump this and let people know how amazing this tool has become. It flat out rocks now. It really makes using spreadsheets for keeping track of your characters obsolete. Really, really, well done Pinco!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I also have a question, I can't figure out how to use the EC Mod. How do I save my character data so I can import it into the Template Editor?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also have a question, I can't figure out how to use the EC Mod. How do I save my character data so I can import it into the Template Editor?
You must be careful, some UI are incompatible. In the EC post I posted the way to make it works on Lucis UI :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just a note. The maximums for tamed rune beetles for poisoning and evaluate intelligence are 126 and 112.5, not 130 and 115.

edit: I looked in your xml file and the numbers there are correct for wild pets. The caps for tame pets should be those numbers multiplied by .9.

Thimotty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Pinco,
I have decided to make a little return to UO and i was overwhelmed by all the props and items added in the lasts 1-2 years :) It took me 2 days just to go through publishes logs.
Honestly i can't live without your template editor in uo.
Do you plan to update it with all new arties and stuff?
also i have strange little bug with 1.8.3.1 on win 8/64

Attachments

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is still the best tool for planning templates/suits, ever made, even though it hasn't been updated in six years. I'd love to see Pinco give this a brush up, and I still don't understand why players aren't all over this app.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sadly I don't think Pinco plays UO anymore... Perhaps if you donate to the website Pinco might be inclined to update it but in my experience that often requires you to gather information needed for updating things.