• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Chivalry all it's cracked up to be?(OT...kinda)

• Thread starter Victoria Navarre
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
V

Victoria Navarre

When I was browsing youtube when the server was down one night I came across some interesting vids about medieval society. As a fan of european medieval history,I found this vid quite interesting. Linked here is the vid and you'll see other documentaries(sp?) on the subject or kings and the peasant life.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should really watch the BBC more. They have some excellent programs on there.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh. The BBC is my favorite non sport channel then second place is CNN.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well CNN did excellent coverage over the Lohan saga That was very important stuff compared to other issues :wall:

Just waiting for the day when they do a news story of Black Sun falling off the mod wagon and going to fel after Flutter's whip.

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pointless education to the rescue!

Chivalry was basically modeled on the french 'courtly love' which was really just a way for men to elevate and develop themselves, the woman in the equation was rarely important beyond acting an object which the male could direct their development. The book on CL, Capellanus' 'The Art of Courtly Love' is really just a guide to controlling relations between classes.