• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Map location ever?

koris

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a level 6 map in fel, just outside guard zone Yew moongate. you can see it from moongate. lol

Questions:
1. If i pick it, can anyone just come along and loot the chest?
2. how long do i have before the chest disappear. (in case my bard t-hunter has to do some serious pvping).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a level 6 map in fel, just outside guard zone Yew moongate. you can see it from moongate. lol

Questions:
1. If i pick it, can anyone just come along and loot the chest?
2. how long do i have before the chest disappear. (in case my bard t-hunter has to do some serious pvping).

1. Yes
2. I don't know, but the chest will be empty long before you need to worry about that :D

My recommendation: Put in a secure for 30 days and hope it re-sets to a less hostile location.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hell, I'd dig it there, and let the guardians PvP for me...

After all, most Yew Gate PvPers are ill-equipped for PvM against things far less dangerous than an AW or Balron, and player-owned GDs have half the HP and generally worse stats, so the guardian GD is more than most PvP types have dealt with before on their PvP characters.

koris

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My recommendation: Put in a secure for 30 days and hope it re-sets to a less hostile location.
:eek:
If i dont dig it up for 30 days it will reset and give me a new spot? SWEET! that's great to know. thanks

I play on origin and did it today. i guess all 4 other people on the server were asleep. For those that don't know:

1. Guards will not kill guardians for you... Jerks.
2. Guards will kill chest spawns.

koris

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is getting out of hand. I have a level 6 fel map for INSIDE the COM base, in Magincia. It's beneath the cobblestone sidewalk. Not only can i not get in, but i even if i could, i cant mine on cobblestone.

I paged a gm and got canned response of "lost items can not be returned."
I hope Petra is right. 30 days in a secure chest...

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dig the one at the Yew Felucca Moongate up just after server up, you won't see a soul ;)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*giggles* or try to trade for one at another location. Someone probably would do just to pop up the guardians at prime time to bother the house hiders there.