• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Its been a while

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its been a while since i lastplayed. Thinking about reactivationg just to try out the new Thunting thing a friend was talking about. Would be cool if anyone of you could answer some questions.
So what kind of template do you need to solo the top tier maps now days? Is level 6 still the highest tier map?
Someone told me the SoA's could drop from chests now. Is that correct?
Would my old template still cut it?

120 Taming
120 Vet
120 Lore
120 Magery
120 Eval
100 Cart/lock

I think i have everysingle skill in game trained so i guess what im after is the most efficient template there is. I know that i used a bard template for maps before i left but im not sure if that still works.

Thanks in advance gal's and bro's.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of your questions can be answered by reading here:
Treasure Map Quests
Though we are still updating for level 7 chests as more is discovered about them.

I'm pretty sure that template would still work oki. My hubby uses a disco bard, I can dig up to level 5 with nothing more than a mage, summoning earth eles and EVs - no eval at that!

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of your questions can be answered by reading here:
Treasure Map Quests
Though we are still updating for level 7 chests as more is discovered about them.

I'm pretty sure that template would still work oki. My hubby uses a disco bard, I can dig up to level 5 with nothing more than a mage, summoning earth eles and EVs - no eval at that!
So there is level 7 maps now good to hear :)

Anyway i know that template was solid a year ago or two just wanted to know if it would still be possible to solo all the TH conntent.

Thanks for your reply Petra. A pleassure as allways :)

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tamer can solo all the maps pretty easily with a greater dragon.

when you have multiple ancient wyrms then try luring 1 off a bit at a time. he does pop back to chest but usually will walk back to you.

Lorddog

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Zidjin, long time no see...

I solo all level maps with 110 Taming/Lore, GM Vet/Magery/Mining/Lockpicking/Cartography.

I just let a greater dragon do my dirty work ;)

I'm sure there's even more efficient templates out there, but it's working for me...

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Zidjin, long time no see...

I solo all level maps with 110 Taming/Lore, GM Vet/Magery/Mining/Lockpicking/Cartography.

I just let a greater dragon do my dirty work ;)

I'm sure there's even more efficient templates out there, but it's working for me...
Yeha Long time no see. Glad to see that you found your way back mate :)
Ive been patching for 4 hours stright and still aint done... Getting frustrating.

I wonder how many of my hard earned skills got lost when my houses went IDOC. I know for sure that my taming is stil there though, all that matter right ;)

You still on europa?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, still on Europa, and still nuts about t-hunting ;)

They've added some fun stuff to chests, but don't expect great chest loot. Item properties / weight seems to have taken a nose dive after the patch. Best to train Imbuing on a different character and use the magic items for gathering Magical Residue and Enchanted Essence... :)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol someone just told me that they got their hand on some of my soulstone when my house collapsed. They however seems to have lost them cause they cant find them... 120 Discord, 100 lockpicking and 100 poisoning gone *poof*.

I dont use poisoning so that doesnt really matter, the lockpicking is quite easy to train with alacritys and SoT's so thats okey to. 120 Discord how ever sucks major balls to have to train again. Probably the worst skill there is to train :(

So this rumor about Alacritys in Treasure chests, is that true?

Maybe i could come with you and do a Tmap or two if i ever get the patches done?

Best regards

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, there are alacrity scrolls in t-chests. T-maps have changed to random spots and can be found for different facets. All t-chests however have the chance for alacrity scrolls, level 1 to 7...

Only Felucca t-chests contain transcendance scrolls, and these will always be for 0.5 skill. I haven't found any SoT's in chests lower than level 4 though, and there isn't really any reliable source for Felucca maps. There's Khaldun puzzle chests that contains maps, but I've never found any maps higher than level 3 in there, and there's the Hag's quest, but they never seem to go up beyond level 4...

Paragon chests contain random facet maps, so basically if you go kill Miasma for a while, chances are you'll end up with a few level 6 maps for Fel, but it's random, so no saying how long it'll take you to obtain Fel maps. Could also just hunt level 4/5 maps giving monsters in Fel, but again, that's random...

I think I still have you listed on ICQ, I can give you a couple of disco alacrity scrolls if you want to retrain that skill, but I won't be online a whole lot through the week though. Long workdays / long travel time leaves me not a whole lot of playtime except for weekends. That's when I do most of my hunting :)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, there are alacrity scrolls in t-chests. T-maps have changed to random spots and can be found for different facets. All t-chests however have the chance for alacrity scrolls, level 1 to 7...

Only Felucca t-chests contain transcendance scrolls, and these will always be for 0.5 skill. I haven't found any SoT's in chests lower than level 4 though, and there isn't really any reliable source for Felucca maps. There's Khaldun puzzle chests that contains maps, but I've never found any maps higher than level 3 in there, and there's the Hag's quest, but they never seem to go up beyond level 4...

Paragon chests contain random facet maps, so basically if you go kill Miasma for a while, chances are you'll end up with a few level 6 maps for Fel, but it's random, so no saying how long it'll take you to obtain Fel maps. Could also just hunt level 4/5 maps giving monsters in Fel, but again, that's random...

I think I still have you listed on ICQ, I can give you a couple of disco alacrity scrolls if you want to retrain that skill, but I won't be online a whole lot through the week though. Long workdays / long travel time leaves me not a whole lot of playtime except for weekends. That's when I do most of my hunting :)
Reading all this makes me reallly happy! Many of the changes they made to treasurehunting has been pruposed by me and several others for years. Really nice to see the changes go live(Better late tne never right?^^).

I havnt used ICQ for a year or so but i will make sure to log on as soon as i get my problem with the pathing solved. Patched for several hours now and still aint done. Something is wrong but i just dont know what.
Will probably have to wait untill the weekend before i cant get some free time to resolve this.

Thanks for the good info Lebaiton!

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh might give that a go! I donwloaded the client at: Utlima Online - Mondain's Legacy

Btw since im allready posting could i get any feedback on how the bard templates handle level 6-7 Tmaps?
Might kick some life into the bard forum as well and see if they can give me some information.

The Lebaiton, will try you link when i get home!

Best Regards

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cartography was easier to gain then i remembered. 2 Hours of training took med from 28.2 - 80.3 . In this tempo i will GM it in about 2 or 3 more hours :)

I hope lockpicking goes as fast!

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Template Consists of this

110 Magery
120 Mysticism
120 Spellweaving
120 Focus
100 Eval
100 Lock Picking
100 Mining

I decode about 80 maps at a time, then stone off my cartography for my Mining.

This is a great all around template for many things. Not just tmaps. I stone off my mining for fishing when i want to fish. I can throw on my luck suit for mining saltpeter when i need more, I can stone off LP and mining and throw on alchy and resist for fighting elsewheres. VERY flexible and easily changeable template for many uses.

As far as maps goes, easily solos 1-6 maps. As far as 7s goes, ive had no problems except for the illeshner spawns that pop a renegade changeling (i hate those frickers).

good luck