• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] 13th Anniversary Reward

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the rewards is a display case... It seems EA has decided to reward lazy home owners that haven't figured out how to make them themselves and punish rares collectors by making their prized possessions worthless.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of the rewards is a display case... It seems EA has decided to reward lazy home owners that haven't figured out how to make them themselves and punish rares collectors by making their prized possessions worthless.
Well to begin with, this isn't a dicussion, it's a whine. How is it that you state that this can be made and at the same time it is a rare. If it can be made than it is not a rare and this discussion/whine is not needed.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um... i think these are great rewards. We could have gotten a piece of cake... or a wand.

Many people cant spare the lockdowns to make their own display case, and many rares have been made worthless from duping for years, so i dont see the problem.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw it as a move to make the creation of museums easier. I know many museum owners who have wished for display cases over the years.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rubble display cases would not become worthless. There are rubble containers, dresses, jewels, furniture, etc and still rubble worths millions compared with those craftables. A brazier vet deed (6th year) worths 6-10m.. and the *same* rubble with a fire graphic worths 200m or more.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From a rare collector I think it is awesome. I don't see how giving us a new and improved way to display our rares will make the rare being displayed worthless. Cant wait to get mine.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From a rare collector I think it is awesome. I don't see how giving us a new and improved way to display our rares will make the rare being displayed worthless. Cant wait to get mine.
I agree, I use short walls and gozas for displays. This new item will open up a ton of design ideas for houses and also make museums look better and more realistic. Only thing now is figuring out how to get rewards from all the other shards to my home shard.

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, I use short walls and gozas for displays. This new item will open up a ton of design ideas for houses and also make museums look better and more realistic. Only thing now is figuring out how to get rewards from all the other shards to my home shard.
I agree, thats all im going to claim is display cases.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG I LOVE THE NEW DISPLAY CASES!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new ones have rails, single piece.

The older display cases are of differnt design for the most part.

I don't think one pricing has to do with the other, i.e. if you still want to put together a 25 piece display case it will still cost you 600 mil :)

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the best thing is if I decide to redesign I wont have hundreds of Gozas going into a moving crate. That has kept me from redesigning my house so many times.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the display cases are great, this is another thread to justify ******** values on pixels.
items like these should be available to everyone in the game, i also agree with petra, rubble is heavy, work smarter not harder.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this has been probably the best anniversary gift ever. btw these display cases are nothing like the rubble ones. there 3 wide not 2 and you can place the items on top without having to place them first and raise them with a tool. then when your done double click it and the railing goes up. all in all. super awesome!

U

UOKaiser

They re great gifts the display cases and the white tub. Not sure about the other though different look but definetely not as valuable as those 2. Though would of being nice if they made it well rare or semi rare. There going to be a whole lot of them running around the shards when it comes out.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the best thing is if I decide to redesign I wont have hundreds of Gozas going into a moving crate. That has kept me from redesigning my house so many times.
Yeah i feel the same because... i literally copied your design :p It was a awesome idea until i customized and found 150+ gozas on the house crate. (still a awesome design, im not complaining hehe)

Now i think ill customize 1 last time :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't do holiday trading, but I do have the odd character scattered around for researching stuff for Stratics. I will happily donate to museums on shards I don't normally play.

N

Nastia Cross

I don't do holiday trading, but I do have the odd character scattered around for researching stuff for Stratics. I will happily donate to museums on shards I don't normally play.
I didn't think of that Petra. Many more people will want to do holiday trading this year because of these display cases. I can't wait to get mine!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to begin with, this isn't a dicussion, it's a whine. How is it that you state that this can be made and at the same time it is a rare. If it can be made than it is not a rare and this discussion/whine is not needed.
Creative home designers have made great display cases out of random objects for years. Many designers do so due to lack of the ability to pay for it and that inability has led to home deco innovation. At the same time it devalues the rubble greatly.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
At the same time it devalues the rubble greatly.
I don't see how it would devalue the rubble display cases. For me it's not just the fact it is a display case, it's a display case that will (more than likely) never spawn again. A rare is still a rare no matter how the rename the pixels, as long as they rename them. I remember the same thing being said about [Replica's] killing the value of all the Event Items, has not done that yet imo and Reps have been around a while. Just my .02 tho...

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At the same time it devalues the rubble greatly.
Not True.... as others have pointed out. If you think it is devalued now and would like to sell me ur display cases or parts for the devalued price as u put it please let me know as i will buyem :)

R

RavenWinterHawk

There fine rewards. This is a risk of the rares business. One day rare, one day worthless.

Move along.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i don't see how it devalues the rubble. the rubble display cases are a different size, don't have railings and are completely different graphics. if the reward display case was identical to the giant rubble display case or the 2 tile rubble display case, then i could see a valid complaint. i think a museum with the giant rubble display in the middle of the room and the reward cases around the perimeter would be awesome. i think the reward cases are very exciting!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
interesteing debate but plz tell me why rubble is so valuable.. really i cant fathom this one out it was on every shard for 2 weeks...i really think rubble as been well well overvalued...yes the fire is nice.. the rest ??? really?? really??

now if u can sell me a true server like horse ****... id snap ya hand off

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since the rubble display cases are now considered worthless, as i am a very generous man, offer 1 million per display case or display case piece. heck if you have enough pieces ill be more then happy to come to you.

btw just a side note. these deed display cases are 3 wide. not 2 wide like the small rubble ones and not a giant like the pieced one. its a different graphic ohh and btw it has rails the others dont. its a different item all together.

D

DVI

My only gripe is the color of the display cases...I tend to use blacks, greys, and sigil in all of my designs, and dont care for the natural wood color...but its not enough to prevent me from using them.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
interesteing debate but plz tell me why rubble is so valuable.. really i cant fathom this one out it was on every shard for 2 weeks...i really think rubble as been well well overvalued...yes the fire is nice.. the rest ??? really?? really??
Rubble is valuable for the same reason any rare item is, there is a limited supply. The fewer of an item and the more desirable that item is, the higher the value.

Display cases did not exist before rubble so they were worth millions. After the 13th anniversary reward, it seems like the single case and the huge box one will keep their value. The 3 tile one will lose a lot.

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My only gripe is the color of the display cases...I tend to use blacks, greys, and sigil in all of my designs, and dont care for the natural wood color...but its not enough to prevent me from using them.
It would be cool if they let us use a furny dye tub on them then :thumbup1: