• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Order of the Dragonfish Handbooks

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi All,

Now I have been getting these books as rewards for the Monger Quests.
I have done 150+ quests sofar and got 20 books in the process.
All these books were parts 1,2 and 4. Never did I get a part 3.

Some claim the part 3 one gets from the Quests including the dungeon fish.
I started to believe this due to the lack of drops of the part 3 sofar.

I have 105 fishing, and just turned in a 6er order (no dungeon fish involved), and to my suprise I got this part 3.
Guess I had really bad luck sofar, or this one is a wee bit rarer drop.

Do these books have ANY use besides the bookness at all? I sure wish to know!
Should these be considered crap drops or no, I mean for a 6er order with a few 20 fish lines in it ... to get a "useless" book ... is err .. dissapointing.
At least bait has a function.

Am I silly for saving all these books in the hope there more to it then "just" books?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got a Part 3 (my only book so far) from a 15 hummer lobster/10 red fish of some sort quest to Papua, so it's not a reward that requires a dungeon fish quest.

For those that don't frequent Stratics or UOGuide, the books do have the purpose of identifying what is out there to catch. Of course, by the time you have the books, you've probably caught most of these items, except the rares and dungeon fish.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a Part 3 (my only book so far) from a 15 hummer lobster/10 red fish of some sort quest to Papua, so it's not a reward that requires a dungeon fish quest.

For those that don't frequent Stratics or UOGuide, the books do have the purpose of identifying what is out there to catch. Of course, by the time you have the books, you've probably caught most of these items, except the rares and dungeon fish.
So they are "just" books :(
What a horrible reward ...

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping that there is a way to combine the 4 parts into a powerscroll. (Actually the knowlegde of what to catch where makes the difference between a common fisher and a legendary one.) :D

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping that there is a way to combine the 4 parts into a powerscroll. (Actually the knowlegde of what to catch where makes the difference between a common fisher and a legendary one.) :D
That is a nice idea, if even 101 PS where you need 20 to make a 105 would already be neat !!