• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Anyone else seen a FAST water elle?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok folks in my alliance think I am on some kind of substance. Truth be told if they said they saw this I would think the same thing about them ...

I was crabbing trying to catch some of those elusive apple ones. I saw a water elle approaching from the East. Being on a char that is only a thief/fisher {need an eight char slot lol} I was getting ready to hide. However, before I could hit my hide macro the thing was almost all the way across my screen going West. It actually covered the entire screen (in CC) in about half a second. Maybe the UO critters are giving up and speed hacking to level the playing field too :)

That being said... Anyone else seen this?

J

jpullen8874

I've noticed that water eles and serps both can keep pace with my boat for a while before I leave them behind. This is obviously faster than before. Also they both seem much more prevalent in the open water no than they were before the booster. I guess this is just to make the open seas more interesting.

M

Muu Bin

I think that this a similar thing to when a creature aggro's onto someone as they recall or gate out of the area. Somehow, it still locks on to the person and wants to follow them to where ever they have recalled to.

I have seen this in cases where a creature has "locked" on to me, I recall out of the area, and then make my way back. Once back in the same location, it immediately runs at me but doesn't attack. It can actually sit there in front of me doing nothing until I attack it first. This is something that I have seen on and off for the entire time I have played.