• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] MIB/Net Spawn Since Booster

• Thread starter A Stoned Mariner
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

A Stoned Mariner

Can everyone who has fished for years add some input here to this question.

I have found since the booster, and all the new fish spawn, that serp spawn is down, dramatically. With that, net/mib (and subsequently ancient sos) are dramatically reduced too.

I am down to a rate of like 2-3 serps an hour. I know I know, fishing is streaky. But I suspect with all the new spawn, this might be a new trend, not just a cold streak.

Can anybody else who fished pre-booster, and is going strong today post-booster. Give any and all input to serp spawn #s, and mib/net spawn.

Have you seen it go up, go down, no noticeable difference?

Def curious how this new fish spawn is going to affect my longtime fishing love, the mibs and ancient sos spawn.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfotunately i cant say too much about it. For me it looks like the same as before. But I am now so busy fishing as never before. *grin* Only that i now need to sail around for the quests while fishing, when i did 4*4 all the time before. Not to mention that a lot of active fishing time flows into trap and shore fishing where naturally is no serpent spawn. And dumping all that different types of fish into a chest takes up other valuable time (along with recalling every few minutes for beeing full.)

A

anna anomalous

i've actually been finding the opposite. to me, it seems they're spawning more often. i already have one ancient SOS since patch. i've had multiple instances where i've gotten two serpents back to back. also, ive pulled MIBS up by themselves with my other fisher right off the haven docks.

M

Mirrof

I agree with anna. I have had 2 ancient sos and about 15 regular sos with about a total of 4 hours of fishing. I seems when im moving and fishing at the same time serps spawn more frequently. Dunno if that really matters or not but seems to work for me.

I went on a sos hunt last night and started with 3 sos in my pack by the time i sailed to these 3 sos's I had 6 more to do.

I also went to an ancient sos and killed the leviathan and got another ancient sos from the leviathan.

A

A Stoned Mariner

K this is all good news then. I was worried this increase in fish available might hurt the overall serp/mib spawn. Hopefully it was just misplaced concern on my part!

D

Destiny<3

What shard are you on? I have noticed an increase as well, I have had 3 ASOS and a lot of serps :) My problem is I think theres way too many water eles, they annoy me!

M

Muu Bin

I, too, have seen an increase in MiB's. This is on Pacific.

A

anna anomalous

i, too, am heavily annoyed by all the elementals. i'm going to start raising honor in hopes they will ignore me as i sail to the docks. i try to carry some extra water pitchers on me just to try to get an endless pitcher, though.

D

Destiny<3

i, too, am heavily annoyed by all the elementals. i'm going to start raising honor in hopes they will ignore me as i sail to the docks. i try to carry some extra water pitchers on me just to try to get an endless pitcher, though.
Oh the endless pitcher idea is great thanks!! :thumbup1: