• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Is it possible to quit a quest?

D

Deb

Let's say you are offered a quest to go to Papua and do not want, are
we allowed to turn it down and then get another one? Does anyone
know if there is a loss of quest points earned if we do this?

Thanks in advance

M

Muu Bin

While I haven't attempted this myself, I believe it has been mentioned somewhere (publish notes?) that quitting a fishing quest will, in fact, cause you to lose "quest points". Sorry I can't be more specific but I believe the points system is set up so that the higher your points go, the better rewards you may receive.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I quit three of them before Ilearnt how to navigate half-arsed. Took me a while to get anything but a single item 10 qty quest.

Think of quest as BODs - the 10 qty single item quest gets little fame and smaall reward, whereas the 15 count 5 and 6 item quests get lots of fame and (hopefully) a decent rewrad.

You can always go p/u another quest and stick Papua quest on back burner. I usually stop enroute and p/u a second quest, sometimes it is to original quest port! I don't know if you can have more than 2 at atime, maybe that's based on your Fishing Guild status as well...

D

Deb

Thanks for the replies, at least we can pick and choose. Wish there was a way
to see how many points you have or get like royalty ones.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I haven't attempted this myself, I believe it has been mentioned somewhere (publish notes?) that quitting a fishing quest will, in fact, cause you to lose "quest points". Sorry I can't be more specific but I believe the points system is set up so that the higher your points go, the better rewards you may receive.
Does anyone have more information regarding the theory that quitting a quest puts you back a few points? Thanks!

A

anna anomalous

abandoning your quest in fact does ruin your reputation with the fish mongers and, i believe, will keep fishers from receiving high end rewards, such as a powerscroll. on the day of the release, when you completed or abandoned a quest, it would actually show in your JOURNAL log, +improve reputation, -decrease reputation. something similar to that.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hrm ... might be a good ask the devs question ... I wonder because last publish had quite a few bug fixes for fishmonger quests, including properly removing the quest from quest journal. I think it's unfair if quitting hurts reputation. I'm not going to sail from papua to vesper to papua to floating emporium and keep at that pace, lol, that's for sure.

A

anna anomalous

this was from their patch notes the other day.

"Fishmongers will no longer bark debug barks." and now it no longer shows up.

heh, get used to sailing around. it's not that difficult if you learn the area on a World Map and just plot courses to each harbor. it's possible to pre-plot your courses ready to drop on him based on where you are. for example, i have one map set aside just for the serpent pillar east of Trinsic so i never have to find it. also, t2a sailing is much less than britainia. once you're in t2a, its only about a 2 minute sail to papua from the serpent pillar.

good luck

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks;

it's not that it's difficult, it's just annoying. have maps, been playing the game since '99, know my way around. it's just that this system is crappy. going to papua should yield 2x the points -- if it doesn't, it just feels like a huge waste of time to me. but if the devs can confirm that canceling will decrease points, I'll sail to papua every time, heh. might also explain why some havent gotten PSs, as you noted. was looking for a concrete post by devs but I guess there isn't one, so I asked the devs just now and I'll hope they will answer it for us.

A

anna anomalous

i posted on the dev forum as well. hopefully with a higher volume of posts they will be more inclined to clear this up. it is worth knowing, and i don't see why it wouldn't be so. i think they want everyone fishing up every order that comes their way and going to every location. after all, they designed specific locations and specific fish to do so, so why would they not penalize for choosing not to do what they want you to do? that's just how i see it.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now that I realize we can also recall to docks to get more quests at once im more inclined to sail :) can recall to moonglow while near floating dock ... i assume Jhelom and Trin? Skara and Brit? Vesper and Glow? Papua all alone ... if so, increases productivity by a lot :)

S

soulstoner

Glad to see active mission ongoing to clarify the degree of reputation ruination with dropping of a fm quest. I'll also add inquiry to the dev forum.

*eyeballs apple crab crate with explosives in hand* 0_o
Haven't seen or heard of anyone wrangling up even one apple crab --- I'll try some dungeon trapping soon to see how that turns out.

Apple Crabs are running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yip-eeee

Papua not a bad trek - nice switch up.:)

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was the blue crabs that eluded me for the longest time, try switching locations often while crabbing.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reverb of my last post ... mark every dock: Britain, Floating Emporium, Jhelom, Moonglow, Papua, Skara Brae, Trinsic, Vesper. Sail half way in between docks that are close and you can recall to each dock and get additional fishmonger quests, one per an NPC. I am much more pleased to sail around the world now! :)

A

anna anomalous

very great news. i knew you could recall to the docks and check if quests were available, but i assumed you had to be on the dock with your boat. glad you don't have to be THAT close, which will cut down on time even further.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was the blue crabs that eluded me for the longest time, try switching locations often while crabbing.
:gun:The accursed blue crab!

I have a new quest with a delivery of 20 blue crabs to Serpents Hold:stretcher: