• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Trophy fish at 81 fishing?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I had heard the trophy fish could only be caught at gm fishing and above. This morning on my first cast I caught this one. Bug? or was I misinformed?

A

A Stoned Mariner

I want to venture a guess that some of the more common "big fish" will prob be catchable at 80 now maybe? Because some are GM, some are prob 105-110, and some 120.

Likely not a bug, just some tweak to the qualifications for big fish now under the new booster.

A

anna anomalous

i'm going to speculate and say that this isn't an actually 'trophy' fish. it's does create fish pies, but you cannot use a taxidermy kit on it. i have about 200 fish steaks of a great baracuda. also I was picking up MIBS off the docks at 80 yesterday, so i think around 80% we see an increase in loot.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
also I was picking up MIBS off the docks at 80 yesterday, so i think around 80% we see an increase in loot.
Had not tried a tax kit on it yet, did not know that. Had also pulled up a white pearl and thought they were 85 at one time. *shrugs* obviously all new to me.

Thanks for the replies.

A

A Stoned Mariner

Just to clarify...people who are getting MIBs at the docks, this is still via serp spawn correct?

A

A Stoned Mariner

So MIBs are literally spawning just as pure loot from a cast? Without having to kill/loot it off a serp?

This is a new change then to the old mib spawn system.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am only getting mibs together with serpents. I am now at 103 fishing. Not shure of which servers you are talking.

A

anna anomalous

i got one on my fisher with 81 skill that spawned directly in his backpack while fishing near haven pier on atlantic. i am still receiving them through normal serpents as well.