• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120 Fishing Skill

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a GM fisher whom I really enjoy playing. With the new booster pack, it seems that the fishing cap will be raised to 120.

Will you need the booster pack in order to start gaining above 100? And how do you gain? It is just through regular fishing in the deep ocean, or is more required?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will you need the booster pack in order to start gaining above 100?
Not sure about it.
You'll need the booster pack to take the quests that can give the 120 Fishing powerscroll as a reward.
However, you might be able to use a Fishing PS bought from another player.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havent seen a 120 PS listed in HS pack list..
So not sure if they added it yet..

I heard one person trying t osell one for 50 mill..but wont show it..
So dont think its in game..

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While Mesanna was putting in extra saltpeter vendors on Pac tonight she stated that the fishmonger quests are keeping track of points and will be giving out 105 - 120 PS's as you progress in quest points. This was the answer she gave to someones question on how to get 120 PS.

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, thank you PFloyd. I am doing those quests now. Fairly boring to sail from point to point, but doable so far. I sure hope it starts to pay off. I have a Tokuno boat, and just got my first order for 15 fish. It had been 10 for a while, maybe 8 runs total.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, thank you PFloyd. I am doing those quests now. Fairly boring to sail from point to point, but doable so far. I sure hope it starts to pay off. I have a Tokuno boat, and just got my first order for 15 fish. It had been 10 for a while, maybe 8 runs total.
Same here! Hopefully I'll get another boost in quantity by the end of the day, Really want a 120 scroll to fish up all the rare fish... Gotta collect them all! :popcorn: :p

G

Gunga_Din

While Mesanna was putting in extra saltpeter vendors on Pac tonight she stated that the fishmonger quests are keeping track of points and will be giving out 105 - 120 PS's as you progress in quest points. This was the answer she gave to someones question on how to get 120 PS.
Awesome, i've done 30 quests and no PS. so i'm looking at over 100 quests. What a mindless grind. Shouldn't have even made fishing 120. Should have had u just fish things for gear or items. Handing in rare fish etc. This is complete waste of time.

G

Gunga_Din

Same here! Hopefully I'll get another boost in quantity by the end of the day, Really want a 120 scroll to fish up all the rare fish... Gotta collect them all! :popcorn: :p
All the quests are random, 10 , 15, 10 of this and 15 of that, there is no order and they don't get harder in order. You might get a 20 of then a 10 the next time. Its all random. Over 300 different quests.

Of course, I just got my biggest order. 20 crabs, 20 fish and 10 more fish. I'll do this tomorrow and see what I get. After I got this quest I turned in 2 more 10x fish at brit docks and got a new one that was 10x fish. So i got that huge order and then back to small ones. I have no clue whats going on and have no idea what my pts are. But I did at least 40 quests now.