• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mr. Fishmonger, are you kidding me?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He wants 10 king crab, 15 drake fish, and 15 darkfish delivered to Papua! This is going to take a great deal of time and good fortune. *grumbles and curses* Since fishing yesterday and today, only have a solitary king crab and have used up almost 35 traps. If I fulfill this insane quest, he'd better give me a 120 PS! Anyone else with wretched fishmonger requests?

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree...the time and effort that goes into these quests is not quite compensated by the reward you get. Especially the ones that require using a lobster trap. I usually get fish bait as a reward. However, when I use the bait it does not catch the intended fish? I have a GM fisherman.

M

Mirrof

Question since we are on this subject. How in the world do you take a full crate of fish to paupa? I have searched google and asked in game on how to get there and im coming up with nothing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question since we are on this subject. How in the world do you take a full crate of fish to paupa? I have searched google and asked in game on how to get there and im coming up with nothing.
The Serpent Pillars - specifically, the west one.

Use the pillar to go from the seas of Trammel to the seas of the Trammel Lost Lands (also works the same way for the fel counterparts). Then, just sail up to the docks in Papua.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am new into this fish quests thing (just upgraded maybe 2 hours ago), but ...

@Spellbound: When I look at the fishes list from stratics, drake fish and and darkfish are cought within dungeons. I hope you tried your lobster traps inside a dungeon, too?

Is there a penaltyfor not picking up a quest? or for abandon one? I dont like the idea of shore fishing. Rewards for fishing are still low and I dont want to miss my chance on every line thrown to get a serpent (scales for the lib), a net or a mib.
What about fel? Is there a difference if you do those quests in fel or in trammel?
From my first fishing rounds, I would guess:
- non-rare fishes are all used for the quest system? (Has anyone tried to use commodity deeds on them? *grin* I would do, but I am busy fishing atm ... )
- the rare catches are used for trophys and when cut up for the new fish pies? (It was stated once, that you should get more fish steaks from a heavier fish. Does this apply to this rare catches, too?)
- I only got two great barracudas this far, but it seems to be possible, that you cannot fish up all of the rare ones with 'only' gm fishing. I would assume that it is wasted to use baits on fishes that need above GM fishing unless you are trained up to that level.

What about the 'old' catches? The big fishes? Are they rare now or can they still be cought? Maybe only on accounts, that are not upgraded to high seas?

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I caught one of the old style big fishes yesterday with a high seas upgraded account so you can still get them.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did 24 fish monger quest today....about 5 hours and some change.

I got 16 various baits with various charges (5) to (30)

3 of the same dumb book on shallow water fish.

4 lava crab pots

1 lava fishing pole

used up 159 market bought crab pots for all things....blue crab aarrrg.

The lava pole starts as excellent and get used up about 5 casts into worn.
had about 75 uses (didn't catch a darn thing)

...long day

M

Muu Bin

It Lives,
Thanks for the details on the fishing quests you did. Good basic breakdown on what you accomplished. I have to agree with the crab pots frustration. I am at 40 or so and only 3 out of 10 lobsters that I need. I really hope this is worth the time spent on this...

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess theres a lot luck involved then. (Personal luck, not the character ones) I did 4 quests now and got 3 baits and one lava fishing pole. And when i read about 'It Lives' experiences with his, I am saving mine until my fishing is above gm.