• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] EM Crafted By items

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is everyone's opinion on EM Crafted by items... where the yellow tag has the default name but the line beneath it in white has a longer than usual name. Personally I think that's a step down from the gold titled rares but just want to hear everyone's thought on it. If enough people pushes it, I may even bring those items down to its own list since there arent that many around.

I mean is it really that hard to label them in gold?

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda reminds me of when the easter bunny came and gave us runebooks autographed with his name. was cool to see him and nice to get a book but it looked like a reg book that someone just renamed. :( No Gold lettering on it. But still had fun that day. So i vote Yea for Gold lettering. :D

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that EM crafted items need a different color name tag. I think any color the EM chooses for an item would be fine, as long as it isn't yellow, black or white.

BlissMarie

G

Gunga_Din

I discussed this with the EM on Chessy. The way I understood, if it was a niche type event where maybe only a certain type of character could participate, he would only use the long crafted names. I honestly didn't understand the reasoning. We have had many events where the items were only given longer crafted names.

A few of them are on display at my house and I do wish they had the name in Yellow so people could id them easier, but I'm keeping them nonetheless.

I do agree with manti though, anything given out at events should have the full name in gold lettering. Just makes it easier on everyone. The value is up to the buyer, I've seen a few items with just the longer crafted name fetch quite a few million gold, but I bet a yellow tag would increase their value.

My main gripe is the yellow tag makes it much easier to ID them as event items. A few people went through my tavern and didn't see a nice cloak I got recently. They just flashed through and didn't even bother to read the crafted name. I then had to log in and point it out. Kind of defeats the purpose if your trying to display items for others.

P.S. I wouldn't bother listing them. Think you have enough work listing the current drops and these are not as sought after anyway.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm...

Okay, this is what I got.

This is what I would like. Most any color would suit me.

Is this what you (anyone who gave an opinion) would like?

Manticore clarified this for me in ICQ.

My opinion on this - if they aren't going to give the EM crafted item a unique name, they should give the top line a special hue, such as the item name in the second image I posted.

BlissMarie

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to open up another can o' worms here, but I also think that players shouldn't be able to create new players or use name change tokens to get an 'EM' prefixed name.

I know, first hand, of a player that changed his tailors name to a current EM's name and is making freagin crazy gold slowly leaking out EM crafted items.

This is just f'd up, IMHO.

I'm indifferent on the EM crafted longer name items. I'd certainly like it if the font color could be changed but besides that, eh, whatever. I do agree with Gunga, manti: not worth another category or the work.

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone i know tried that and a GM saw him online with the EM name and he got a nice 3 day ban.

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow only 3 days i though they perma banned you for that? And dont they make you change your name? If not perma that is

T

Trevelyan

Any name longer than 16 characters is unobtainable via normal means and, therefore, should be considered a rare as players cannot reproduce it.

Plenty of old seer crafted items are quite valueable now and yet they simply have a longer name. I think that they are definately worth putting up there with other rares.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Plenty of old seer crafted items are quite valueable now and yet they simply have a longer name. I think that they are definately worth putting up there with other rares.
In terms of seer items there is no question, I don't think Manticore is referring to seer items in any case since they aren't documented on the EM lists. I own a couple myself and they are possibly some of my favorite items. They are absolutely essential to shard history and no one can doubt their value Trev.

That said, as much as I like some of the crafted by EM items I often find myself putting them in the same sort of category that I would put white double blessed. Its double blessed alright, but its just never going to be as cool.

C

Charbear

Not to open up another can o' worms here, but I also think that players shouldn't be able to create new players or use name change tokens to get an 'EM' prefixed name.

I know, first hand, of a player that changed his tailors name to a current EM's name and is making freagin crazy gold slowly leaking out EM crafted items.

This is just f'd up, IMHO.

I'm indifferent on the EM crafted longer name items. I'd certainly like it if the font color could be changed but besides that, eh, whatever. I do agree with Gunga, manti: not worth another category or the work.
That is SO not right but I agree with this thread. They should be in gold. Diff category is too much work.